Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween

What does the world do?

In the US, we like to carve pumpkins into sinister spectres.

The insides contain many seeds which I like to coat with salt and roast in the oven.

The kids go from door to door in costumes, either scary or otherwise, and say "trick or treat". I have no idea why we say this, as all they want is candy. In my time, we went door to door and got serious booty. Today people don't trust their neighbors and do this pathetic mall thing.

Anyway, I love this time of year, too bad I am living in a town that never changes to beautiful fall colors.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    We get drunk and watch classic horror flicks like Texas Chainsaw Masacre (aka Nikki ), Exorcist, Friday the 13th 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/x and some other stuff

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #3
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 October 2003 - 21:38
    We get drunk and watch classic horror flicks like Texas Chainsaw Masacre (aka Nikki ), Exorcist, Friday the 13th 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/x and some other stuff

Jonno B)
    The nickname "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was given me by some co-workers in the spring when we were doing cleanup - removing dead trees and pruning tree limbs, and I was said to be "just a little too comfortable wielding a chainsaw". That and the fact that when I prune a tree, I really prune a tree. I'd explain further, but it would involve precise measurements and descriptions of tractors and lawnmowers, so I'll not bore you with more details... and thank you Jonno for opening up the discussion... j/k

In Canada (well Ontario anyway) we do a combination of hobbes and Jonno's descriptions. The kids here still go door to door, I live in a small town and we know pretty much all the neighbours. We decorate the house up as well, with carved pumpkins, and ghoulish scenes that my oldest son loves to create in the yard. I also roast pumpkin seeds every year, it's tradition.

After the kids finish trick or treating, we all sit down and watch horror movies for the rest of the evening, alcohol optional.

I'm lucky enough to get the beautiful fall scenery here, the leaves have just begun to change It's my favourite time of year. (Although I'm quite sure I'll say the same thing come Christmas and the first snowfall, and spring with the snow melting, and summer with the first visit to the beach.)

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@9 October 2003 - 03:38

Jonno B)
    Really, your children (usually up to age 12) don't dress up and go door to door for candy.

Do you have local "haunted houses" which scare the little ones to raise money?

This was so much fun, no holiday could rival Halloween for childhood fun.

@Nikki, the whole feeling around Christmas is quite special but different. Christmas is about giving thanks for those things we take for granted. It is a special time where we all pause from our personal goals and think about the bigger picture. We smile, we forgive, we hold doors open- very nice, but Halloween is just creepy fun.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    @Nikki.......

@Hobbes.........Yes m8 we do trick or treat but it's not too safe for kids to do that now too mant pervs and weirdos about
    And yes here we have a Priory (A little info HERE!!! and my dates are wrong) built in 985 and vacated in 1372 (dates could be slightly out) and it IS haunted, I would tell you a personal story but you lot would only take the pi$$ so there's little point.
    But we used to do traditional stuff but like I say, too many weirdos and all it seems to be round here is another excuse like xmas and carnival for all the local tossers to get slaughtered and look for fights

I used to love halloween, we used to have so much fun, but as we got older we stopped dressing up and banging on doors (got wrong by the old bill) so now we stay in and watch flicks instaed......sad really

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@9 October 2003 - 04:01
    @Nikki.......

@Hobbes.........Yes m8 we do trick or treat but it's not too safe for kids to do that now too mant pervs and weirdos about
    And yes here we have a Priory built in 985 and vacated in 1372 (dates could be slightly out) and it IS haunted, I would tell you a personal story but you lot would only take the pi$$ so there's little point.
    But we used to do traditional stuff but like I say, too many weirdos and all it seems to be round here is another excuse like xmas and carnival for all the local tossers to get slaughtered and look for fights

I used to love halloween, we used to have so much fun, but as we got older we stopped dressing up and banging on doors (got wrong by the old bill) so now we stay in and watch flicks instaed......sad really

Jonno B)
    I love ghost stories. I don't believe them. But, just for the night or the season, they are as good as gold.

I, personally, was scared sh*tl*ss by a central airconditioner that turned on one hallowed eve, I was just in the mood, you know.

Like my new avatar? I was one of the few who saw the Blair Witch project without knowing anything about it. This movie has the greatest setup to the ghost story ever.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    We get Drunk and wait for People to go to Sleep and we go and Steal their Pumpkins.

Wait.....no we don't.We did that when we were Teenage punks.We do not do that no more.....would a 28 Year Old man be stealing Pumpkins? ..........

8. Lounge   -   #8
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 October 2003 - 22:10
    We get Drunk and wait for People to go to Sleep and we go and Steal their Pumpkins.

Wait.....no we don't.We did that when we were Teenage punks.We do not do that no more.....would a 28 Year Old man be stealing Pumpkins? ..........

Ummm... well I know that 31 year olds would never, ever do that o

9. Lounge   -   #9
    @FC............Yes

@Hobbes .............ok but in short cos I'm tired and need bed
    Years ago we were about 12/13, me and a m8 said we were gonna go over to the Priory......nothing in that right......wrong.......the local legend has it that 5 boys of teenage years done the same thing, stood in what was the Prayer room thing (don't know the name) and said some chanting stuff........and they were never seen again, we all thought this was cool so me and Dave went over there ready for midnight (bare in mind the nearest light is a good 1/4 mile away) heh, we were armed to the teeth, bb guns, gat guns, knives , nunchuck the lot, if we were going , we were going with a fight (muppets) so as we started to cross the feild leading to it we saw a light flash in the top window.......no way anyone can get up there......we hessitated and eventually carried on.........when we got in ........we walked to the very room (whats left of it) and stood in the middle.........shitting ourselves........we had a school book we had nicked with some prayer or something that was suppose to call spirits this is all quite tame so far right.............well............as Dave was reading from this book.......my tourch went out.........so as I was trying to fix it (hitting it) Dave carried on reading cos you're not suppose to stop..........well.........I held his torch......pointing at the book........I looked up and saw .........still not sure how to describe it........erm........an dim faded light......move across the building.......not on the wall but in mid air........at which point the book launched out of his hands and across the room..........we naturally wer'nt hanging round to find out.....we legged it firing every thing we had in the air and screaming........

Funny thing is, I asked him if he threw the book and to this day he swears on his mothers life he did'nt, so you make up your own minds.

Altho, we both had a scratch down our right arms in exactly the same place and we were both in camo gear so it was'nt a bush.............

This is true, I shit you not

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Sometimes we just break out the old jewellery collection and have a little fun around the house..............

Hope I don't get in too much sh*t for this !

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast