Thread: Buisness Software Alliance

cariki
    I recieved an email from my internet carrier stating that the Business Software Alliance is accusing me of piracing the programs Norton SystemWorks 2003-Retail.exe and PcAnywhere 10.5 XP.exe.
    Has anyone else been emailed about these programs? And why am I being told that I am piracing if I downloaded these programs from this site and they are in my shared file?
    If anyone has any answers I would like to hear them.
    You can email me at [email protected]

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Has anyone else been emailed about these programs? And why am I being told that I am piracing if I downloaded these programs from this site and they are in my shared file?
    Yes, people have received those e-mails before. And you didn't download those files from this site. You downloaded them from another user(s) that was sharing it.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by cariki@9 October 2003 - 02:36
    I recieved an email from my internet carrier stating that the Business Software Alliance is accusing me of piracing the programs Norton SystemWorks 2003-Retail.exe and PcAnywhere 10.5 XP.exe.
    If anyone has any answers I would like to hear them.
    You can email me at [email protected]
    Yea. That would be because you have them without having paid for them, and are giving them away to others. Pretty simple really.