Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you mad at the Snitch??

Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    None of us where their while he was interrogated we don't know what info the police have on him and what techniques they used to get him to speak.
    Furthermore i assume that no one here (including myself) has aver been accused of any sort of crime and being interrogated by cops.
    Yes he could of said a different tracker name but under the pressure he probably cracked and he told them the truth.
    the sites gone now nothing you can do about it and that's the way of piracy or anything illegal in the end law enforcement will have the upper hand

2. Lounge   -   #12
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    And, he could have said that he obtained the dvd's from any public tracker, warez forums, newsgroups, etc. But he specifically named uk-t. Maybe he wanted to get the site in trouble for whatever reason.
    perhaps, it does leave us to wonder about that as he could just as easily said he got his stuff from ScT, TL or SCC even..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lounge   -   #13
    BobFromAccounting's Avatar Is it Friday yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    And, he could have said that he obtained the dvd's from any public tracker, warez forums, newsgroups, etc. But he specifically named uk-t. Maybe he wanted to get the site in trouble for whatever reason.
    perhaps, it does leave us to wonder about that as he could just as easily said he got his stuff from ScT, TL or SCC even..
    "Hey, I can hand you guys one of the most coveted and highly sought after trackers in the bittorrent world on a silver platter."

"Let's make a deal "

Honestly look at it from the two completely opposite spectrums...

They fail with TPB (Not them in particular, but you know what I mean) which is one of the absolute behemoths in the bittorrent world. They can't make their point with it, it's still up and running. They're told they can be handed the polar opposite of TPB, one of the most private trackers out there. Well they're going to try to make their point that way.

This is of course pure speculation, but it isn't out of the bounds of possibilities.

And as for the snitch, it may have been a dick move, but it's just human nature. If he can save his own ass by turning over some people he knows from the internet, then of course he's going to do it, and don't deny that when you're looking at the remainder of your life being put in jeopardy by that criminal record that you wouldn't consider it yourself. This doesn't mean I endorse what he may or may not have done, but again, something I could see happening. You'd be surprised how little friendship means to many when it comes to their own well being.
    Last edited by BobFromAccounting; 11-02-2009 at 04:17 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    the snitch = Bad-Day.

one of my source confirmed that he got released on parole few days ago.
    no more informations were provided.

stay tuned.
    Due to respect to uk-t the first time you open your mouth and sad all the shit you said, i did not reply, and again, you mention me ?
    Wtf, cinephillia, are you black or white these days ?

If you want to open your mouth, .... so badly.... ---->>
    , blow me

On topic, the old anonymous days, are probably returning... kill the snitch
    Last edited by Bad-Day; 11-02-2009 at 05:52 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Real life, literally is real life....if i ever owned a site, i'd never let that put my RL in jeopardy....
    though i never came to know the complete story behind the tracker goin down, and even if i did, it wouldnt change things much...

6. Lounge   -   #16
    CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Karid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post

"Hey, I can hand you guys one of the most coveted and highly sought after trackers in the bittorrent world on a silver platter."

"Let's make a deal "

Honestly look at it from the two completely opposite spectrums...

They fail with TPB (Not them in particular, but you know what I mean) which is one of the absolute behemoths in the bittorrent world. They can't make their point with it, it's still up and running. They're told they can be handed the polar opposite of TPB, one of the most private trackers out there. Well they're going to try to make their point that way.

This is of course pure speculation, but it isn't out of the bounds of possibilities.

And as for the snitch, it may have been a dick move, but it's just human nature. If he can save his own ass by turning over some people he knows from the internet, then of course he's going to do it, and don't deny that when you're looking at the remainder of your life being put in jeopardy by that criminal record that you wouldn't consider it yourself. This doesn't mean I endorse what he may or may not have done, but again, something I could see happening. You'd be surprised how little friendship means to many when it comes to their own well being.
    think they would rather have taken down TL. than uk-t.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Karid View Post
    Hi Karid,

I have enjoyed your recent insightful posts- both this one and the "better member" comments are very well thought out and articulated! I hope you continue to enjoy the discussions here.

While I don't disagree with your assessment in this post, the underlying (lack of) principles concerns me. And I understand that you are not talking about yourself, but expressing an attitude that is commonly out there.

I have always operated under the idea that when arrested you keep your mouth shut. Period. You will NEVER talk your way out of trouble. No matter how nice the cops seem to be, they are NOT your friend. They are doing their best to take away your freedoms or the freedoms of others- and are gathering evidence with every word you say. Even if they can "misinterpret" what you are saying, they can put it in their report. After that, good luck trying to convince a judge that "a sworn officer of the court" was wrong or manipulating what you said.

With that in mind, I will make the argument that in reality the police are not your friends. No one who gathers information on you and threatens your freedom will EVER be your friend! If someone is not your friend, do not help them in their tasks especially ones that will have dire consequences on others. There is honor in resistance under these circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    If the person was a man or adult then they should have known what they were doing. They were the ones who signed up for the site and unless a complete idiot, they knew selling pirated material is illegal. They should take responsibility for their dumb ass actions and not throw another under the bus to slither their way out. No matter how much they were pressed or how much time they were "supposedly" facing which is probably exaggerated to make them talk.
    Whatever agency arrested this person/people and all others try to make it seem like the end of the world with their scare tactic/lies and people break. I bet they did not even talk to lawyer before they opened their mouth. Whoever sold the Pirated material and was caught should have taken responsibility for their actions completely! will wake up everyday and see a rat in the mirror Filesharing is pretty much a victimless crime. These anti p2p agencies whatever it was are not rich as hell throwing the money they make and seizing property back into a crooked tax base that makes the rich get more money. A lot of music artists say P2p does not affect their profits. It is the $ hungry lawyers,anti filesharing companies that push things like this to get their (overpaid)cut of the clients money. I wasn't a member of the site nor was i ever but I do not like seeing people ruins others lives because they were too stupid. I do not know the person so I can't i am mad at them personally but at their actions. Could never claim to be a man again. A rat is a rat and will always be one.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I have always operated under the idea that when arrested you keep your mouth shut. Period. You will NEVER talk your way out of trouble. No matter how nice the cops seem to be, they are NOT your friend. They are doing their best to take away your freedoms or the freedoms of others- and are gathering evidence with every word you say. Even if they can "misinterpret" what you are saying, they can put it in their report. After that, good luck trying to convince a judge that "a sworn officer of the court" was wrong or manipulating what you said.

With that in mind, I will make the argument that in reality the police are not your friends. No one who gathers information on you and threatens your freedom will EVER be your friend! If someone is not your friend, do not help them in their tasks especially ones that will have dire consequences on others. There is honor in resistance under these circumstances.
    Very well put^!
    Last edited by pone44; 11-03-2009 at 12:32 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    ...I have always operated under the idea that when arrested you keep your mouth shut. Period. You will NEVER talk your way out of trouble. No matter how nice the cops seem to be, they are NOT your friend. They are doing their best to take away your freedoms or the freedoms of others- and are gathering evidence with every word you say. Even if they can "misinterpret" what you are saying, they can put it in their report. After that, good luck trying to convince a judge that "a sworn officer of the court" was wrong or manipulating what you said.

Excellent advice to use and have in life. Unfortunately, as mentioned before, people crack under pressure. Some person will read this and be arrested at some point for something and they will crack to the police bs because they can't hold their mud.

The key with the police is to have a plausible short answer so as to leave them to believe that you know nothing about any bigger fish to fry. The second they believe you they will leave you the hell alone. If you beat around the bush they will verbally beat (hopefully just verbally) the bush till there are no leaves left...They prey on the weak in their most weakest moments...Stay strong and be smart.

Back on the principle subject...I'm not sure that this whole story is 100% true and that the guy even snitched out anyone. Until someone straight up tells me I should be nervous I am going to roll on...
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Have you guys been called up and interrogated by the police before? You won't know until you are there.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast