Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you mad at the Snitch??

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    What we don't know is if he only snitched UK-T. Probably he had a lot of bookmarks on his browser...

2. Lounge   -   #22
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    Have you guys been called up and interrogated by the police before? You won't know until you are there.
    Yes, I have. In California. And did 10 months on a 11/29 sentence (2 months longer than I should have due to loosing all my "good" time). I didn't just make shizzle up or pass what others have told me.

My advice will hopefully save someone the interrogation process or at least the vast majority of what it could be...

But like I said...Not everyone can handle the pressure...They have folded their hand, resided to the fact that they will say anything to try and lessen their potential sentence, and have become someone that is a puddle of mud before they even get to the station. Hopefully they will man or woman up while they sit in intake waiting to be booked (if they get the time or chance)...
    Last edited by bumrocks; 11-03-2009 at 01:00 AM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Have you guys been called up and interrogated by the police before? You won't know until you are there.
    three words: "call my lawyer"... then shut the fuck up.
    Go Leafs Go.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Yes I have. I kept my mouth shut when I was charged with something a friend had done. We got it sorted. I had his back, he had mine. Ultimately, neither of us were held accountable. It doesn't always work out so nicely, but we both kept our mouths shut when it was necessary.

Even if you do not have a lawyer, keep your mouth shut. But, yeah- get a GOOD one. Public defenders are worthless!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Yes you can do that in Canada; try doing that stun in a 3rd world country.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I have been interrogated three times, once they threw me in isolation for what turned out to be only a few hours, before interrogating me. I never snitch and I can't stand those who do. One of the times, I covered for a friend, who crashed my car drunk, as much as I possibly could. All he had to do was also deny deny deny, but he cracked under pressure and admitted everything. Something I seriously didn't expect. He got a huge fine and his license suspended for letting the cops scare him into telling everything and also had to pay damages to both my and the other (parked) car he hit. Instead he could have kept his mouth shut and just reimbursed me for the raised insurance. I kept getting pulled over after that, for the simplest of things and fined, like no seatbelt, one busted license plate light etc.

Edit: BTW he had to say he took my car, because I of course would never admit he borrowed it. So add theft to the list of things he was fined for.

That is what talking to the cops does for you.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 11-03-2009 at 02:46 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20

That happened in the UK

bloody cat's arse pikey

8. Lounge   -   #28
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

Yeah, Im pretty sure the UK isn't a third world country. But to expand on your hypothesis, in a third world country you wouldn't get arrested for some DVD's, they have bigger problems.
    Go Leafs Go.

9. Lounge   -   #29

Yeah, Im pretty sure the UK isn't a third world country. But to expand on your hypothesis, in a third world country you wouldn't get arrested for some DVD's, they have bigger problems.

Rest assured; yes, people do get arrested for selling DVD on the street corner. I personally know of one. (he did not give enough 'protection' money to the local police.)
    Last edited by TP635; 11-03-2009 at 04:33 AM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Benjamin's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    I've seen at least one staff member confirm that someone selling pirating DVDs was part of the site removal. As to the story about multiple staff arrests and such that Benjamin just told, I see no reason for him to lie but I've also seen no confirmations and it's a bit of a tall tale. It would explain the lack of info from staff though.
    That was just my version of how it went down, based on real information.

I've had my experiences with the police as a young kid, luckily my parents had an expensive lawyer who taught me never to talk to cops. Not everybody out there knows, you guys should appreciate the people here telling you information that may save your life one day.
    I highly recommend these videos for everyone to watch.
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

Back on topic, I think in any good crime, and yes piracy is a crime, loyalty should be a huge factor, and this guy had none. I am surprised though, usually sites host their servers in countries where nobody has jurisdiction, so even if every member snitches they would still be safe. I'm guessing UK-T overlooked this?
    Last edited by Benjamin; 11-03-2009 at 04:34 AM.
    "She tried to be sexy, I asked her can you stop, I want the real deal I don't want a hand job."

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast