Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you mad at the Snitch??

The sad part about being anonymous on the net is that you DON'T really feel loyalty. If you felt like you had to make money off DVD sales and got busted and the cops said "we'll reduce your sentence/ charges if you help us shut off the hose of dvd rips" then probably 90% would bail on their so called tight internet friends. That being said we all know the risks and yet choose a life of....file sharing so shame on all of us. Spend a night in jail and stare at a few hundred thousand dollar bill before you demonize this waste of human flesh.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Best advice given so far!

You just say lawyer,lawyer,lawyer or STFU until the lawyer gets there! Interrogations are to get people to talk about anything then they use it against the person, they twist words around. Where is the lawyer or walk the yard like a man. Only choice in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    three words: "call my lawyer"... then shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinWeasel View Post
    The sad part about being anonymous on the net is that you DON'T really feel loyalty. If you felt like you had to make money off DVD sales and got busted and the cops said "we'll reduce your sentence/ charges if you help us shut off the hose of dvd rips" then probably 90% would bail on their so called tight internet friends. That being said we all know the risks and yet choose a life of....file sharing so shame on all of us. Spend a night in jail and stare at a few hundred thousand dollar bill before you demonize this waste of human flesh.

Is the principal of it and the persons idiotic actions. They deserve to go to jail (the bootleggers) not anyone else that they dragged into it to try and reduce a sentence. That is BS. As said, the person was no man! A slippery rat that will NEVER be respected wherever he/she goes! As all rats.
    Last edited by pone44; 11-03-2009 at 05:46 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    grow4dough's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    the thing that makes no sense to me about all of this is that he actually said uk-t was where he got it. anybody in uk-t could list off about 10 shitty public trackers or even something like torrentleech which the authorities already know about but have yet to close down. if i was given the option of a lesser sentence for telling police where i got the dvd's i would say the pirate bay or mininova and be done with it. im sure they couldnt search his apartment or home right away, tell them a lie and use your phone call to get a buddy to run over to your place and grab your computer. certain shit cant be lied about like it was obvious he burned dvd's and had the intention of selling them but pretty much every detail surrounding that could have been lied about and they couldnt have proven otherwise.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by grow4dough View Post
    the thing that makes no sense to me about all of this is that he actually said uk-t was where he got it. anybody in uk-t could list off about 10 shitty public trackers or even something like torrentleech which the authorities already know about but have yet to close down. if i was given the option of a lesser sentence for telling police where i got the dvd's i would say the pirate bay or mininova and be done with it. im sure they couldnt search his apartment or home right away, tell them a lie and use your phone call to get a buddy to run over to your place and grab your computer. certain shit cant be lied about like it was obvious he burned dvd's and had the intention of selling them but pretty much every detail surrounding that could have been lied about and they couldnt have proven otherwise.
    No. Turning on TL, mininova, or ANYONE else is just as cowardly and stupid. Just because UK-T was a liked (elitez) site does not mean it deserves more "protection". You keep your mouth shut regarding yourself AND everyone else. Period.

Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that ratting on anyone is EVER justified. Don't be a part of fucking ANYONE over.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by grow4dough View Post
    COuld they allready have been infiltrated on uk ? And knew all about it, before they busted who ever they busted ?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    i'm obviously late to the party but i'll still add a few things

clearly everyone here suggests that someone snitched uk-t but could it perhaps just be that they infiltrated his house, saw his utorrent or w/e and saw which sites he was dealing with? basically didn't even ask him but already found which sites (or in this case perhaps just uk-t) he was upping too?

also as much as I hate profiting from torrenting, its obvious that its more commonly occurring than what many of us may realize...that said, "snitching" others is just absurd and disgusting so if he did anything like that...shame on him really

yes, I've never dealt with police (thankfully) and hopefully never will but even if I did...I'd do all I can to make sure my mouth stays more than shut than open regardless of the circumstances

7. Lounge   -   #37
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Doubt we will ever know what Really happened. Hopefully this snitch or unfortunate guy does not get any members or staff there in trouble and people learn from this.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Day View Post
    Due to respect to uk-t the first time you open your mouth and sad all the shit you said, i did not reply, and again, you mention me ?
    Wtf, cinephillia, are you black or white these days ?

If you want to open your mouth, .... so badly.... ---->>
    , blow me
    maybe it's just me but i feel a touch of bitterness..
    anyhow i can understand... you must miss uk-t soooo much

oh and i think i'm black!..... not sure though
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Day View Post
    Due to respect to uk-t the first time you open your mouth and sad all the shit you said, i did not reply, and again, you mention me ?
    Wtf, cinephillia, are you black or white these days ?

If you want to open your mouth, .... so badly.... ---->>
    , blow me
    maybe it's just me but i feel a touch of bitterness..
    anyhow i can understand... you must miss uk-t soooo much

oh and i think i'm black!..... not sure though
    you are still white.... waiting for the real one to come back ( black cinephillia )

no hard feelings, im just messing whit you,,,
    and yes, i like quiet places,,, that are easy to seed.

waiting for fl to come back,,,
    Last edited by Bad-Day; 11-03-2009 at 11:04 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    So... who was the snitch

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast