Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Napster Is Back!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    So Roxio buys out Napster because they reckon the BRAND NAME is important. Napster 2.0 or whatever they are calling it will NEVER be the same as the origional.

"With Napster 2.0, we knew that we had to go beyond what the original Napster delivered in terms of needs, comprehensiveness [and] ubiquity of use, giving the users an interface that was designed with them in mind," President and COO Mike Bebel said. "We got their feedback from the very beginning. We spent a lot of time talking to music fans that were using all the online products that were available [and] understanding what they were looking for, incorporating those features and functions that they were most interested in."

"music fans that were using all the online products that were available"? Suckers pay for more than one file sharing program?

Napster died, Kazaa was born. Nuf said.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    I will just wait a few weeks until somebody comes out with Napster Lite (N-Lite)! Then, we will all be able to download free music once again! Did you guys check out the funny flash animations on Napster's web site? Kinda neat.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by MadDog-2000@10 October 2003 - 06:22
    I will just wait a few weeks until somebody comes out with Napster Lite (N-Lite)! Then, we will all be able to download free music once again! Did you guys check out the funny flash animations on Napster's web site? Kinda neat.
    yeah N-lite haha

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    So if I were to go for Napster 2.0 I would have spent $412 on music by now. Hmm, seems like a good deal.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    it sucks because they only accept yanks, so even if i wanted to use it (wich i donīt) i canīt.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Here is a screenshot of the new Napster 2.0! Also, here is the link to download the beta. It's a German site but I guess I can all figure out where to click to make it download.

PM and I will send you the crack! just kidding

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Inevitable's Avatar Poster
    what a bunch of bullshit. A dollar just to download one song and 10 dollars to download a album!? When you can get all of that for free??!! hmmmmmmmm.........seems kinda fishy to me!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    At least if n00bs use this and pay for music, perhaps the RIAA will shut the f*ck up about p2p.

There's always an upside for everything.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Originally posted by MadDog-2000@11 October 2003 - 23:16
    Here is a screenshot of the new Napster 2.0! Also, here is the link to download the beta. It's a German site but I guess I can all figure out where to click to make it download.

PM and I will send you the crack! just kidding
    Google translation of that weblink you gave us:

New version of the formerly most popular Freeware Filesharing Tools.  The formerly most popular file sharing Tool "Napster" brought the large spreading of MP3-Dateien only in course.  The principle was quite simple:  The files exchanged all user not over central server, but over the respective single place computers.  Into minute-fast you could search so world-wide for your favourite songs or with other Usern chatten.  According to the collapse Roxio plans now a commercial start of Napster 2,0 for 29 October 2003.  Starting from this date the InterNet Usern a repertoire is to be offered by approximately 500,000 titles.  A Download will cost 99 cent, whole albums wants Roxio for 10 dollar to offer.  Besides there is to be a Premium service, which offers unlimited access to the Napster data base, 40 advertising-free radio stations and different Community services for the period of the membership for 10 dollar per month.  In addition Napster customers can up-load their music from their own computer, in order to be able to access central.
    And if we do download the 2.0.4.0 Beta from that website (it says it's freeware), will it be any use, or will we then have to start paying for each song? It says it doesn't start commercially until 29 October.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast