Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter From Warner Brothers / Sharing Movies

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I think you should look at the details for the email and strip out the ip number where the email came from and send a copy of that ip number to Paul so that they can research it and put it on the list for IP Blocking.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by firefox@9 October 2003 - 14:39
    I think you should look at the details for the email and strip out the ip number where the email came from and send a copy of that ip number to Paul so that they can research it and put it on the list for IP Blocking.
    this was sent as a letter....

it was sent to BT, who forwarded it to me....

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Were u uploading that movie, also that letter is sloppy as hell I think someone from the Mpaa would have done better than that.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I thinks someone is playing a joke on you too, because I agree the letter looks sloppy and I would have thought they would quote more of the law and tell you where to find it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Exactly.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Proffesional Dumbass
    yeah dude it doesnt seem real
    wouldnt they have informed you more about the consequences

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Make sure u don't have a trojan virus.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i think it's a 100% fake...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    i've seen a bunch of isp/movie file sharing letter copies but none from media sentry- we don't have a lot of ip ranges on them. That's their address and they are a big player in anti p2p tracking http://www.peerguardian.net/forums/i...?showtopic=114
    also if you want to compare this to a baystp letter (has a note from the isp as well) here's one http://www.peerguardian.net/forums/i...?showtopic=971

keep in mind that with movie file sharing incidents there haven't been any real consequences (yet)- the worst i've seen happen is a peep who didn't have time to respond to his isp (was on vacation) so they cut his account- the rest just get warnings and they don't admit to anything (and delete the file just to be on the safe side)

so it could well be a legit letter and they don't go into real detail about the law coz they're essentially just warning peeps not to share- there are a sizable amount of letters being sent to both u.s. and u.k. movie file sharers (i've heard and seen of around 30-40 in the last 6 months) but for now there really aren't any penalties to speak of (unless they're waiting to see how the riaa crap works out)

so anyways the best thing to do in general when you get a letter/email for movie file sharing is not admit to anything and don't contact the anti p2p company that did the tracking- if your isps wants you to contact them just email them and ask what this is all about. if you have to then say you don't know what file they're talking about and then make sure to delete it....that's the advice i gave to peeps on the fasttrackentral central forum and the only objection i got was some peeps said not to delete the file and that's a persoanl choice but then anti p2p group knows your name etc i think it's better to be safe than sorry....

and believe it or not sometimes they do list the ip number they used to track you but i'm not sure they show that anymore (they did at least earlier in the year)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast