Thread: Half Life 2 Update

Proffesional Dumbass
    a review by gamespy

read it all here
    http://www.gamespy.com/articles/october03/halflife2/

"The story became even more muddled on Tuesday when "anonymous leaker" issued a patch for the leak and included release notes claiming that Valve had lied all along about its planned Sept. 30 release of Half-Life 2 and vowed to release the entire stolen code and assets for the game to prove it unless Valve came clean. While it is uncertain if "anonymous leaker" is the actual person who broke into Valve's computers, code continues to float around the Internet, with movies and screenshots becoming more and more prevalent. It is almost certain that more maps and more assets from the game will trickle out. There is also speculation that assets from Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike 2 and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero may have been part of the theft. Newell announced late yesterday that Condition Zero goes gold on Friday, but apparently a leaked version of the game is already showing up on warez sites."

I didnt think piracy made such a big difference to most companies but i think valve are really going to feel this blow if it is released. But i guess people will still buy it for the multiplayer option.

*By the way my 500th post

2. Games   -   #2
    Octopussy
    friday condition gold? so when is it comoin on store? and thats bad..haxxin valve is stupid my friend works for valve

3. Games   -   #3
    Proffesional Dumbass
    yeah i know
    sometimes things get a little out of hand. These guys are just delaying for themselves if they left everything alone the delay wouldnt have been as long as it is now. If you really want a game why not just wait and buy it. By downloading it before its released your killing the chances of them making a third one.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by swarnel@9 October 2003 - 14:51
    a review by gamespy

read it all here
    http://www.gamespy.com/articles/october03/halflife2/

"The story became even more muddled on Tuesday when "anonymous leaker" issued a patch for the leak and included release notes claiming that Valve had lied all along about its planned Sept. 30 release of Half-Life 2 and vowed to release the entire stolen code and assets for the game to prove it unless Valve came clean. While it is uncertain if "anonymous leaker" is the actual person who broke into Valve's computers, code continues to float around the Internet, with movies and screenshots becoming more and more prevalent. It is almost certain that more maps and more assets from the game will trickle out. There is also speculation that assets from Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike 2 and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero may have been part of the theft. Newell announced late yesterday that Condition Zero goes gold on Friday, but apparently a leaked version of the game is already showing up on warez sites."

I didnt think piracy made such a big difference to most companies but i think valve are really going to feel this blow if it is released. But i guess people will still buy it for the multiplayer option.

*By the way my 500th post
    This guy/leaker who did it has completely no life whatsoever.

He thinks he is maritally involved with Valve, so when they lie to him about the release date, he gets all teary thinking vlave betrayed him. Then we see the leaking. IN a psychologist's point of view

5. Games   -   #5
    ha, i have the halflife 2 beta leak

6. Games   -   #6
    It's either a fired employee or it's payback from a higher source for being $o
    greedy, valve remembering
    " hey the holiday $eason$ around the corner lets think about our pockets instead of honoring a release date, screw the public". Also From what i'v seen of the dir q3 type structure and missing compiled files in hl2 "that can be done yourself the files are mostly there and some of the compilers too"
    it almost looks complete

7. Games   -   #7
    Proffesional Dumbass
    yeah ive been reading a bit of the things posted by people who have downloaded the game and they have said its buggy. So hopefully people wont be able to play the full working game before it comes out.

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    I have deleted the beta now,too much hassle and i can wait till its official release.

9. Games   -   #9
    Double Agent
    [ October 8. 2003 ]_____________________________________________
    / \
    | |
    | Half-Life 2 - Patch 1, fixes old models |
    | |
    | Company: Valve Corporation ( http://www.valvesoftware.com ) |
    | File size: 8 x 15MB |
    | Release: Unknown |
    \_________________________________________________________________/
    | Valvesoftware. |