Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David and goliath prudickshuns?

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstate01 View Post
    That was one of the most boring fights I've seen in a long time,Lurch throwing slow straight punches and haye casually soft hitting the body and head a couple of times each round...Yawn yawn, I think I'll stick with UFC and strikeforce, Now fedor vs rogers was a top fight, Brutality at its best.
    World Class boxing has got fuck all to do with brutality.

Haye won that fight the only way he possibly could. He had to stay off that right cross that Valuev has punished fuckers for in the past. I agree that Valuev can box for nothing, but Hayes displayed superior style to the max.

As to UFC, you can stick that bollocks right up your rectum. That's not artistry. That's mongs flailing about like dodgem cars.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    UFC is MMA (mixed martial arts), Mixture of styles, boxing included. but they don't refer to it as boxing often, they call it "stand-up" as in "he's better at stand-up" which means, he can't win the wrestling or jujitsu aspect of the fight usually, which they call "the ground game".
    Last edited by Alien5; 11-08-2009 at 08:54 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    Very boring fight, sure both were rubbish, but Haye deserved a win, im sure his next few fights will be very exciting and attacking.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushkar View Post
    Very boring fight, sure both were rubbish, but Haye deserved a win, im sure his next few fights will be very exciting and attacking.
    Haye wasn't rubbish. He boxed clever. What else was he supposed to do?

He brought it when it was required the most. I didn't find it boring in the least.

A masterful display of singular training brought to the fore. Quality.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushkar View Post
    Haye wasn't rubbish. He boxed clever. What else was he supposed to do?
    I gotta agree with that.

Seeing somebody completely blow the odds out of proportion(haye was the underdog) and controlling the fight with technicality and smoothness, is not boring. It's pleasant to watch (for me at least)

One reason MMA fans don't like boxing is because they don't understand the science behind it.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Who's idea was it to match up these two fighters together? don king?
    Last edited by Alien5; 11-09-2009 at 05:18 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Simon Cowell.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    As to UFC, you can stick that bollocks right up your rectum. That's not artistry. That's mongs flailing about like dodgem cars.
    Thats the funniest comment I've heard in many years
    I used to love live and breath boxing up untill maybe 10 years ago as with football, but Boxing has gone stale, Theres no real characters anymore like Prince Naz,Benn,Eubank,Tyson,Sugar ray, Ali etc.
    I like paquaio at the moment, he's great and Interesting and so is Hatton, as far as Haye goes He as said h'e going to retire when he's 30 so thats only a couple of years away and there aint that many good worthy heavyweight fighters around that are Interesting to watch,Before you say klitchkow,He aint all what everyone says he's cracked up to be In my eyes.
    And as far as UFC being full of mongs flailing about like dogem cars,Back in the real world of Interesting fighting sports MMA is new and still growing faster than boxing and has everything a fighting sport fan can ask for,Blood,Exciting fights,Great characters,great martial artists.
    Hayes fights can only get better and more Interesting from here on in and hopefully his reign is all the way to his retirement but that last fight was boring as i said purely because the colosus in front of him,You really can't do much with someone like that in front of you,he did the best and got the result he deserved. MMA is king though ... And I don't mean Don king either
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123