Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Windows Xp

  1. #1
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    When I want to change for example a filename of a .avi, I often get the message ' file is in use'. Even when I rebooted! I just reinstalled XP so it can't be spy-ware or something like that.

    Is their something in the register I can change to avoid this stupid message?

    I only get this message with 'folders' and '.avi's' at the moment


    {I}{K}{E}

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    FreeFile will tell you what program/process is "using" the file in question and allow you to free it up...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by clocker@9 October 2003 - 17:45
    FreeFile will tell you what program/process is "using" the file in question and allow you to free it up...
    That is sweet!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,053
    Mate u could tri deleting this key from the reg

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE&#092;SOFTWARE&#092;Classes&#092;CLSID&#092;{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}&#092;InProcServer32

    There a small bug in xp with avi.Even if u hover the mouse over one xp will holds it for a certain amount of time.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Originally posted by ck-uk@10 October 2003 - 08:29
    Mate u could tri deleting this key from the reg

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE&#092;SOFTWARE&#092;Classes&#092;CLSID&#092;{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}&#092;InProcServer32

    There a small bug in xp with avi.Even if u hover the mouse over one xp will holds it for a certain amount of time.
    thnx, tried this and till now I didn&#39;t had the message

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,053
    TRI this key then mate..

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT&#092;SystemFileAssociations&#092;.avi&#092;shellex&#092;PropertyHandler

    Delete the {87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}.

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Originally posted by ck-uk@10 October 2003 - 08:57
    TRI this key then mate..

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT&#092;SystemFileAssociations&#092;.avi&#092;shellex&#092;PropertyHandler

    Delete the {87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}.
    why I think the first key was the problem

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,053
    Niether of tha key are a problem,mate.

    The first prevents windows from holding the file.The second stops the file from hogging your cpu

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •