Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Clocker...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I just spent an hour running down the thread in question, then clicked off the page by mistake.

Anyway-

In an effort to denigrate Sarah Palin, you made a comment to the effect that an "Ivy League education" was preferable to one earned from "Wasilla Community College" but followed this by saying a good education could be had from any number of places, "including the public library".

By my estimation, that makes you right and me wrong.

My most humble apologies, sir.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Accepted.

The apology was overkill...an hour spent perusing my comments was punishment enough.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    This disconnect is hardly new, in fact, Palin's entire story about Alaskan "independence" and fiscal responsibility is sheer myth.
    Alaska is one of the most heavily subsidized states in the union, receiving @ $1.84 back from the Federal government for every dollar it sends in.
    Basically, without the largess of the other states, Alaska couldn't exist.

This handout, coupled with oil royalties- which Alaska didn't share with the other states but distributed to it's inhabitants- made Alaska semi-solvent for the past few decades.
    Unfortunately, the oil royalties are drying up and without their yearly bonus checks, Alaskans are faced with an increasingly lopsided budget.

Probably one reason that Palin hightailed it out of her job- and the entire state she claims to love so much- whoever has to deal with Alaska's money shortfall is going to have to make some very unpopular choices that will expose the myth of the independent Alaska so beloved of conservatives.

It's always bad when the emperor is shown to have no clothes...in Alaska it's doubly bad because you'll freeze your tail off.
    I too have found that the words on Palin's resume don't match reality.

If I had to describe her outlook in one word, that word would be "victim"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234