Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How paranoid are you?

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I don't really want a lot of "I use a seedbox/VPN to get all my downloads its really secure (its not)" as that tends to get rather stagnant and repetitive quickly...

So to all us home downloaders out there: how paranoid are you?

What measures do you take to insure that you don't get "caught" or get an infringement notice?

Do you avoid downloading from larger sites like Demonoid or TL? Do you avoid CAM releases like the plague? Would you have downloaded something like the X-Men leak?

Perhaps more importantly, do you even think its worth it to take precautions? Do you believe that downloading from a more "secure" and "rarer" site would really make a difference? Would you give a fuck if your ISP sent you a infringement notice?

So the question is, to what extent would you go to to mask your activities?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    - I use some TrueCrypt volumes
    - I'm into TL, but I don't download very much.
    - I hate cam

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Glitterstep's Avatar Peace|Lov|Energy|EDM BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I don't really want a lot of "I use a seedbox/VPN to get all my downloads its really secure (its not)" as that tends to get rather stagnant and repetitive quickly...

So to all us home downloaders out there: how paranoid are you?

What measures do you take to insure that you don't get "caught" or get an infringement notice?

Do you avoid downloading from larger sites like Demonoid or TL? Do you avoid CAM releases like the plague? Would you have downloaded something like the X-Men leak?

Perhaps more importantly, do you even think its worth it to take precautions? Do you believe that downloading from a more "secure" and "rarer" site would really make a difference? Would you give a fuck if your ISP sent you a infringement notice?

So the question is, to what extent would you go to to mask your activities?
    Whats all this...Here back in India,No one gets any notice.
    I have been using torrents for years now..never received any kinda notice.
    And talking about piracy..Pirated Dvd's are sold out in the streets and even the cops are pretty chilled about this..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I really don't care, since in Canada they currently don't give a fuck. If our PM manages to pass that copyright bill through parliament then perhaps I'll start taking security measures.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    For the moment I really don't care. Romania is still a stable country concerning torrents although politicians try to take some drastic measures in order to attract votes for their candidates.

@sez wtf is stream ? what do you mean by that?
    Last edited by hagckz0r; 11-08-2009 at 09:49 PM.
    I'll reply you like no one else

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Its homosexual to download if you have the option to stream

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Enzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i really don't care ether.. Im not afraid im my country don't give a shit for now....

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    -I don't download from public trackers or big private trackers like TL and I don't use p2p programs like Limewire.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i'll only take measures if i get a letter from my ISP.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Not paranoid at all. I've recived a letter from my Isp about 4 years ago or so for downloading "Tupac resurection" and my brother warned me to not download anytihng again.

What did I do? I downloaded another movie the next day.
    I did so because I know they can't do shit about it. There's probably millions of Optimum online users in NYC and 90% of them download illegally

I'm not gonna lie though. Once when I smoked weed(i dont smoke weed much so it's effects are strong on me) I started thinking about BT and I remember being paranoid and thinkingthat I was being watched and the feds were waiting for the perfect moment to bust me.

It was terible..that's why i hate smoking weed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast