Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrghhllll

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I have to double check the translation of an IT tech manual. 369 pages of this drivel:

(4)
    Media text 4: " Plug serial, USB, and other devices into the appropriate connectors (see "System Connectors" for more information).
    {{TRANSLATION}}
    "
    (4)
    Texte média 4 : "Branchez les dispositifs série, USB ou autres sur les connecteurs appropriés (reportez-vous à la section "Connecteurs système" pour des informations supplémentaires).

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Branchez
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Just tell 'em it looks "great", skweeky. I've never seen instructions translated into English that were any good.

Is that what you normally do? I can see why it would make you go, "Arrghhllll".

On a work related note, I was able to gather 55+ surveys for a communication survey my wife and I are dong for a local charity. That went very well. I might even volunteer at the food bank for awhile. Wonderful place. They help the needy with everything from food, to clothes, to help with controlling their social security money. They were even signing people up for Thanksgiving meals and have a special program to get coats to kids.

I also met a lot of very nice families who were waiting to go through the food bank. I'm feeling pretty good today.

Anyone else do any volunteer work?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Just tell 'em it looks "great", skweeky. I've never seen instructions translated into English that were any good.

Is that what you normally do? I can see why it would make you go, "Arrghhllll".

On a work related note, I was able to gather 55+ surveys for a communication survey my wife and I are dong for a local charity. That went very well. I might even volunteer at the food bank for awhile. Wonderful place. They help the needy with everything from food, to clothes, to help with controlling their social security money. They were even signing people up for Thanksgiving meals and have a special program to get coats to kids.

I also met a lot of very nice families who were waiting to go through the food bank. I'm feeling pretty good today.

Anyone else do any volunteer work?
    I'm pretty sure I'm the one feeding and clothing my pot dealers family. I'm not looking for glory or praise. It's the right thing to do.

I wish I was able to do more, but I'm only one man.

-doobs
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 11-12-2009 at 01:19 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm the one feeding and clothing my pot dealers family. I'm not looking for glory or praise. It's the right thing to do.

I wish I was able to do more, but I'm only one man.

-doobs
    Yer doin' God's work, BD. If only the rest of the world had your compassion and drive...

Bless you for your good works, doobie.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    It's part of what I do mbm. I pretend I know stuff about stuff I know fuck all about, then I tell people in Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg what to do.

Since I speak a few different languages, I usually get landed with proof reading as well. The advantage is that I get to skive a lot. Muahahaha

7. Lounge   -   #7
    I had to look the word "skive" up. Good word!

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    To skive is British slang for the practice of avoiding responsibilities because you want to do something more fun or just don't want to do what you should be doing.

* In the context of schooling, this is known as truancy.
    * In the military, this is known as desertion
    That is how I have been living for quite awhile now. Now I have a verb for my (lack of) actions.

Well, at least I can get away with it until the twins arrive... Then I can teach them how to do it too!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    't Is an art, so it is.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Are you getting paid for it?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Of course I am. Now leave me alone, I am busy trying to find amusing stories on tinterwebz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast