Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Can't find anything very innovate about it. Maybe I'm tired of hearing the same old story over and over again

2. Movies & TV   -   #102
    mindlock's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Damn, this is taking forever to get here.....April 5th and it's due out April 22nd in USA.......I haven't seen it, waited out for bluray....usually when a movie comes late I hate it.....lawl...

3. Movies & TV   -   #103
    Just a question, can the 3d effect be done @ home? (E.G. Home cinema) or only in theaters?

4. Movies & TV   -   #104
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    If you are asking if you can presently pick up a copy of Avatar in 3D and watch it without a special set though then the answer is no.

Right now the 3D sets that are on the market use the same type of passive glass system that requires the same type of polarized glasses you get in the movie theaters.
    The polarization filters out some of the image on each lens so you get the illusion of 3 dimensionality.
    The drawback of course is with the glasses the picture appears blurry as hell.

There are other technology in the works that either won't require the glasses or alternately will put as the technology in the glasses and won't distort the picture for anyone watching without a pair.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-08-2010 at 01:43 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #105
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Ok sorry but I have read through that post about 5 times slowly and still can't quite understand it (probably cause "glass" can reference many different things).

Do you mean that you can't get the same effect from Avatar without owning a TV that uses a special kind of glass screen that emanates the effect? Or that you need a different set of 3D glasses (That go on your eyes) that aren't regularly available?

6. Movies & TV   -   #106
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I think for now you need a special 3D copy of Avatar ,one of the new 3D Tvs and the also the eye glasses as well.

Cha-ching

[youtube]jG1NAakgEQU[/youtube]
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Movies & TV   -   #107
    mindlock's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I think for now you need a special 3D copy of Avatar ,one of the new 3D Tvs and the also the eye glasses as well.

Cha-ching

[youtube]jG1NAakgEQU[/youtube]

Cha-ching is right.....just more things to buy, more money to spend, more people to get rich besides me......

Gets worse....Avatar Bluray is using BD+ 5 Protection.....might actually have to buy the bluray as it could take another month before it releases on any trackers. Here's the message from Slysoft ANYDVDHD software developer in their forums:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JPeterson View Post
    But we can recap the time for previous versions:

bd+ 2: appeared May 2008, circumvented Aug 2008
    bd+ 3: appeared Nov 2008, circumvented Dec 2008
    bd+ 4: appeared Feb 2009, circumvented Mar 2009

So a reasonable ETA may be at least one month.
    So (IF there really is such a thing as a "new" BD+ protection), the clock starts ticking, when I have the disc in my hands. Which will be release date + the usual 1-2 weeks shipping time to Antigua.

Also, I don't handle pressure very well, so add another week for each time I'm being asked "when will it be done".
    And I already have a couple of those in my PM (despite my signature telling people to not PM me).

My answer therefore will be, as usual: February.
    (you pick the year )
    Last edited by mindlock; 04-08-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Movies & TV   -   #108
    Chesskid1
    ummm, a month? they can just put it in a blu-ray player and capture the feed from the HDMI. remember releases like Slumdog.Millionaire.720p.HDMI.x264-TmG when they couldn't break the BD+?
    Last edited by Chesskid1; 04-08-2010 at 10:27 PM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #109
    pilda's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    same old same old

10. Movies & TV   -   #110
    Good movie.I want to see it second time at BD quality.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast