Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting Threads Locked.

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by danb@10 October 2003 - 20:48
    i think the board is just being terrorised by a few dickheads! It only seems to have been the last couple of weeks where it has got to such a large scale.

me wonders if it is perhaps retribution for terrorising a certain other forum?

i was so lucky to get this job, all things considered, after not working for 2.5 years previously - i feel some misguided loyalty to the company after their show of confidence in me. i sure you know what i'm getting at Snny
    I hear your great skills in a certain area have been rewarded, is that it?

Have you considered working in another part of the EU, maybe, now that the borders are opening up you could have a chance to do something interesting?
    Though I imagine it would be a bit of gamble.

I met an Irish guy at the university the other day, who had come here to study, how about doing something like that?

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Originally posted by LeGoMyFnLeg@10 October 2003 - 20:48
    With the current atmosphere, I doubt the reults would accurately reflect the facts. Would you feel free to comment negatively with your current member name? Some wouldn't I'm sure.
    But the votes are anonymous aren't they?

It's requesting the poll that might be a problem.

But if they could do what they did to bigboab...this poll ought to gain support as well.

I'm not sure I'm that annoyed with the mods myself, barring the bigboab incident, of course.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    it would be good but i missed out on the brains in my family. i left school with 9 GCSE's at 16 and:-

my 12 year old brother started doing his GCSE's this school year(2 years only)

my 14 year old brother also started his GCSE's this school year(1 year only)

You should come and study here!

4. Lounge   -   #34
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by SnnY+10 October 2003 - 20:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 10 October 2003 - 20:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LeGoMyFnLeg@10 October 2003 - 20:48
    With the current atmosphere, I doubt the reults would accurately reflect the facts. Would you feel free to comment negatively with your current member name? Some wouldn&#39;t I&#39;m sure.
    But the votes are anonymous aren&#39;t they?

It&#39;s requesting the poll that might be a problem.

But if they could do what they did to bigboab...this poll ought to gain support as well.

I&#39;m not sure I&#39;m that annoyed with the mods myself, barring the bigboab incident, of course. [/b][/quote]
    HHmm in my understanding that was a joke that backfired in a major way. ui really dont think there was any malicous intent intended there

5. Lounge   -   #35
    LeGoMyFnLeg
    What I find is that things are too easily swept away. I&#39;m sure they all have their goods and bad days but locking any instance of criticism is not fair play.

I think for a lot of members, coming across a topic of interest only to find it locked for no apparent reason is just plain annoying. Sometimes there may have been a mild flame, but the members can often sort that out among themselves and carry on productively. No need for heavy handed closure.
    I see far too many that just have "well that&#39;s been answered" . To who&#39;s level of satisfaction though?
    And there are many that might have been better moved to an appropriate location rather than just being locked without reason.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    @danb:
    It doesn&#39;t hurt to try something else if you think your economy can handle it.

Sometimes people are brighter than they think, you know&#33; here they give us a second chance, my first time round in sixth form rendered me mediocre grades, as did the rest of my early schooling (losing all your friends and never being left alone by the bullies does that to you), but when I tried it again, now science instead of medicine, I suddenly started getting decent grades, then I did some language and other stuff for two years and suddenly I got the equivalent of straight A&#39;s.

Now I&#39;m at the university and usually at the top of my class, but it hasn&#39;t been that way long, three years since I felt worthless, cus&#39; the bastards at school told me I was. If I hadn&#39;t decided to try again, I&#39;d been stuck as a fork-lift driver, a male nurse, or a factory worker, all of which I&#39;ve been at one point.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by LeGoMyFnLeg+10 October 2003 - 20:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LeGoMyFnLeg @ 10 October 2003 - 20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-titey@10 October 2003 - 18:21

So far as questioning the mods actions, I doubt it&#39;ll do much good....[LIST]....LeGo didn&#39;t get very far when he asked about it, and his complaint was even more appropriate.&nbsp;
    The power of communication these days outweighs the abuse of power&#33;

People may not be able to speak freely here, but there are places where you still can.

Check the sig.

(I believe it conforms to size rules) [/b][/quote]
    Is this a joke.

You are using this forum to advertise your forum. By starting a thread, in your forum where people can complain about this forum.

That seems way too harsh for my liking.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by SnnY@10 October 2003 - 21:16
    If I hadn&#39;t decided to try again, I&#39;d been stuck as a fork-lift driver, a male nurse, or a factory worker, all of which I&#39;ve been at one point.

Flippin&#39; heck Snnowy you must have been busy

9. Lounge   -   #39
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    In my opinion being a moderator is more difficult than many may realise. If one leaves a disputed topic open, one probably gets criticised, and if it&#39;s closed another round of criticism ensues. It&#39;s a lose lose situation. On the whole I think the moderators do an admiral job.

Perhaps it would be good idea to have a &#39;mod of the week&#39; so that one could find out how difficult it all is?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    LeGoMyFnLeg
    That forum was created out of necessity. Check the creation date and you&#39;ll see that it was only after being censored here that the software was installed.
    I don&#39;t see it as advertisement at all. I have many forums and sites and I haven&#39;t provided links to them at all. What I have provided is a safe zone for anyone with complaints or questions.
    I thought you of all people would see that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast