Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Newzbin invites please?

sheff_soldier
    Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has a newzbin invite available? I really want to get on but know nobody who uses it.

Much appreciated.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gen...sk-here-309546

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/searc...archid=5102853

There are better free alternatives - FST for example. Posts are usually indexed instantly.
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 11-16-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    dette's Avatar The Young Tech Geek
    But FST's NZB index has a really terrible retention which is my problem with it :/

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    There are much better free alternatives - try nzb.org or nzbsrus. Or you could just use an autoindexer if you know what you're doing.

If you really like paying for an indexer, NZBMatrix's retention is almost twice as much as newzbin, don't pay for that overrated site.

I believe FST's retention should be increasing with the upcoming board update.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    But FST's NZB index has a really terrible retention which is my problem with it :/
    It's going up everyday...take the file name of what you want and go to: http://www.nzbindex.nl/

Problem solved, Newsbin is only 200+ days.
    [center]

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    newsgroupie
    There used to be a thread for invitation requests:?:

With Newzbin's current legal problems, it's not certain that they'll still be around in a years time. So paying for a long subscription up-front might be doing little more than contributing to their legal defense fund.

Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    It's going up everyday...[/url]
    good news. With major usenet providers headed toward 500-day retention (and possibly beyond) this has resulted in a serious lack of indexers that match this. I'm glad that FST will stop deleting its NZBs, for one thing, its got to be a serious dis-incentive to people uploading NZBs knowing that their NZBs will only be hosted on FST for a tiny fraction of the time that the files are on usenet.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    There used to be a thread for invitation requests:?:

With Newzbin's current legal problems, it's not certain that they'll still be around in a years time. So paying for a long subscription up-front might be doing little more than contributing to their legal defense fund.

Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    It's going up everyday...[/url]
    good news. With major usenet providers headed toward 500-day retention (and possibly beyond) this has resulted in a serious lack of indexers that match this. I'm glad that FST will stop deleting its NZBs, for one thing, its got to be a serious dis-incentive to people uploading NZBs knowing that their NZBs will only be hosted on FST for a tiny fraction of the time that the files are on usenet.
    Thats my problem with FST's NZB site.. I LOVE how it is set up and the layout but the lack of retention and keeping NZB files is just a real turn off... I like getting a lot of older stuff too...

For example I wanted the tech n9ne album misery loves kompany and I ended torrenting it because I couldnt find it ANYWHERE on usenet

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Haha I posted that Album

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    With Newzbin's current legal problems, it's not certain that they'll still be around in a years time.
    Minor correction; the court case is not an attempt to shut them down, it's just because the mpa don't think newzbin are doing takedowns correctly, newzbin disagrees. Even then, I can only remember seeing one mpa notice in my time there.

The court case was also supposed to start November-January time, but there's been no word on it still. I think it'll be around a long time yet.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast