View Poll Results: Should there be a more open discussion of mod actions?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 67.74%
  • No

20 32.26%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Locked Threads

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ye I will sya this Lamesy always states why he locks a thread and the reason but SOME mods (not metnioning any names) do

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Poster
    Lamsey

If you thought a law was unfair, would you speak out against it. Would you walk in a demonstration.

If you were told you were not allowed to speak, because the Law is the Law and common citizens are not allowed to question it, how would you feel.

Would you live in an oppresive dictatorship, where the subjects were not allowed to even question that which they saw as being wrong.

There have been many bad Laws, which have been changed because the people made it clear they ....

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Ex-member
    You want to demonstrate, you think there is a problem?

Fine. There are mechanisms in place to allow that.

Send Paul or VB a PM.

If you believe there is an issue with the rules, do the same.

I'm just upholding the rules until I am told otherwise.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Heres an interestign example In musicworld Gutter made a thread "what music you listenin gtoo now"

I stated in the thread it would be locked within a mater of minutes even though its music related, however there are already several threads simular to that particular thread I now come to the board 7 hrs later it has been locked without an explanation.. was that becasue I stated the ovious?? Or the mod was hiding becasue of my statement and didn't want to say the reason becasue I ahd already said :"this is Music related"

5. Lounge   -   #45
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Or it could be because that thread in particular usually ends up as spam for a group of people.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. Lounge   -   #46
    lynx's Avatar .
    Adster, I think you've said it yourself, "I stated the ovious".
    Neverless, a simple one-liner would have prevented you feeling the need to comment on it.

Lamsey, it was never my intention that this should be a personal attack on you, it was simply that your closures yesterday, on top of many others that I have seen recently, prompted me to think it was time to speak out.

The intention is not to undermine the authority of the mods, if anything it is exactly the opposite. People are less likely to be upset with a thread being closed if there is a reason given, and if they are not upset there are going to be less of the "Why was my thread closed" rants which often ensue. Surely that makes life easier for all concerned?
    And fewer anti-mod postings surely means the mods are respected more?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@11 October 2003 - 12:47

I'm just upholding the rules until I am told otherwise.
    Why am I hearing the word Nuremberg at the back of my head, Officer.

I don't have a problem with anyone closing or locking topics, never said I did. Sometimes I am at a loss to understand why it is done, but these judgments are subjective. Most of the threads are mindless drivel anyway as far as I am concerned, however to each their own.

I just don't appreciate it that, when someone asks a question he is told, rules is rules. Effectively if you don't like them tough luck.

That's a cop out and well you know it. Pardon the pun again Officer.

The "proper" way to change laws is to Lobby your MP, perhaps write to the appropriate Minister etc. However sometimes people wish to make a public stand and have a meeting of protest. That is their right and as long as it is non-violent then it's a good and healthy thing to do.

I see this as being wholly analogous, it's just a matter of scale. Any erosion of civil liberty is an erosion of civil liberty.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I'm undecided so I won't vote, but for what it's worth I don't believe that this should scare the mods off from doing their work, most of the time it's pretty much crystal clear why something is done IMO(though not all of the time), and that there's a reason why it's done.

Edit: to clear things up.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by JPaul+11 October 2003 - 13:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 11 October 2003 - 13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@11 October 2003 - 12:47

I&#39;m just upholding the rules until I am told otherwise.
    Why am I hearing the word Nuremberg at the back of my head, Officer... [/b][/quote]
    I hardly think Lamsey is like Hess, JPaul.

That&#39;s a bit h4rsh.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor+11 October 2003 - 14:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 11 October 2003 - 14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by JPaul@11 October 2003 - 13:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey
    @11 October 2003 - 12:47

I&#39;m just upholding the rules until I am told otherwise.

Why am I hearing the word Nuremberg at the back of my head, Officer...
    I hardly think Lamsey is like Hess, JPaul.

That&#39;s a bit h4rsh.

[/b][/quote]
    Same defence, it&#39;s all just a matter of scale.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast