Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm unemployed

Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    I'm already on the non-pants (which im assuming is trousers, not underwear)road. shorts and a t-shirt at the mo

2. Lounge   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You are learning quickly, Gemby!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I think I can afford a personal dishwasher / cleaner or two with my new job
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

4. Lounge   -   #14
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Things I have to do after the first of the year...

1. Find new calendar (preferably one with Pembroke Welsh Corgis).
    2. Hang it.

Oh, yeah, and finish my graduate degree and make sure my wife's needs are taken care of for her pregnancy. Twins, FTW!!!

Other than that, it's pretty lax.

What do other unemployed people do? I hurt my back about 18 months ago, so I have been going to school. However, we do have a limited budget for things. File sharing helps a lot with our entertainment budget. I love to cook and a lot of what I do uses inexpensive meats and other ingredients cooked for several hours. So we eat well, and have access to all media for entertainment. We can communicate with people from around the world.

I have found stuff to keep myself occupied, what do you do? Would it drive you crazy if you knew you would not have work in the next 3 years? 5?

I am going to be a stay at home dad. That sounds pretty cool to me. I am also going to apply to a doctoral prog or two. Why not, I will have a few years while the kids get older.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemby! View Post
    So entertain me, or at least suggest something i can do.

get a job is not a witty reply.
    Write your memoirs.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Excuse while I wipe the laughter tears from my eyes. It seems you think you will have time to do your own thing when your twins are growing up. You may get away with that for about six months, after that, forget it.

Anyways, you bunch of lazy unemployed persons! I am currently at work; we're getting training for some new GUI thing that is going to replace all other platforms.

It's boring as fuck, as I won't be using it, or hardly ever anyway.
    Fuck sake. In the mean time I still have customers waiting, as no one else in this town seems to speak Dutch. Pah.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Fuck sake. In the mean time I still have customers waiting, as no one else in this town seems to speak Dutch. Pah.
    Pfffft, what do you expect, most of them can barely speak English ffs

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    True

Luckily my l33t computer skills are so l33t that I finished my lab report way before anyone else, so I now have 40 minutes to do whatever I want.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well, I'm still a student so I haven't had a job in the true sense of the word yet. I was brought up in a certain way, so that I think if I were to be unemployed for a long time, I'd hurt myself, prolly.

To each their own, though.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    Don't be defeatist and dnon't hurt yourself thats a waste of your talents,Everybody is talented in some way or another, While you have time on your hands work at bettering your talents to your advantage. Lifes to short to just waste it. Think of something you enjoy doing and see if you can get a Job doing it, Luck plays a big part in life so you need to make your own luck because no one will make it for you, good luck.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast