View Poll Results: Bandwidth or HDD??

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlimited Bandwidth

39 88.64%
  • 200GB per user

5 11.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More HDD or "Unlimited" Bandiwdth ?

more bandwidth of course!

Someone seeds other torreent to build up ratio and only download something!

I got avrege 10gb per torrent waht is 700mb!

Games with 10gb i avrege about 300-400gb!
    If some hot game,movie was relesed and you desperet to get it and watch you will not leech properly you just downlad to get it fast as posible! 90% of tracker are ratio building trackers and they don't watch what torrent you see how long usualy is 48h!
    They want the you keep good ratio!

I have sb and game or movie what i wana watch or play i dont seed from home i download and stop, but what i dont want and other ppl want i seed and geting very good ratio and superb buffer 1gb dl to 100gb up!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster
    More HDD is nice

but

more bandwidth is better.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I've already buffered all my trackers with big ratios, and now I usually keep a 1:2 ratio and it's done. Especially on some trackers, I don't like to see adsl people doing h'n'r and reducing their upload speed all the time. It makes many torrents very slow and unavailable.

They must understand that seedboxes don't have to do all the job, if they want speed and retention, they also have to stay in seed, or buying a box if they want to free their homeline.

So to answer to the poll I'd say 1,5TB is enough for me, and I'd prefer more space to be able to keep content longer on my box.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bandwidth is the most important point in any seedbox and then the space
    because we can replace the files and be safe with Hd space other than to be afraid of losing bandwidth !!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    This has really had me thinking a bit about what I really "need." At first I thought unlimited bandwidth, hands down, but that is based mainly on how they are restricting bandwidth here in the US now, and how I feel that you can't really do that and keep the spirit of the Internet what it has always been, which is the free sharing of information. That being said, I agree, seeding 2:1 is plenty generous, and most can maintain a 2:1 without much trouble, except I was finding that without a seedbox, it was very difficult to get my ratio even to 1:1. So perhaps a high bandwidth limit would be fine, because 10Mbps is still faster up than I can get here at home at a reasonable price. Let me go a bit longer and I might change my mind, but for now, I like knowing that I can easily make up the inability to meet 1:1 on an almost dead torrent with my seedbox on one that's relatively fresh in under 24 hours.

-z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12