Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard Drive Killer

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Listen, The Kiler, there are quite a few people here that tell you that your drives are not dead. You keep insisting that they are.

I will agree with people here and disagree with you. I believe that the drive are ok. The problem lies with you and your misunderstanding as to what the problem is and your unwillingness to listen to what people here are trying to tell you.

You have not even correctly told us how you came to the conclusion that the drives are dead. Did you run any diagnostics of any sort? If you did you didn't say so.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Originally posted by The Kiler+10 October 2003 - 22:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Kiler @ 10 October 2003 - 22:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

[/b]

Listen, The Kiler, there are quite a few people here that tell you that your drives are not dead. You keep insisting that they are.

I will agree with people here and disagree with you. I believe that the drive are ok. The problem lies with you and your misunderstanding as to what the problem is and your unwillingness to listen to what people here are trying to tell you.

You have not even correctly told us how you came to the conclusion that the drives are dead. Did you run any diagnostics of any sort? If you did you didn&#39;t say so.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but... I did say they were run

Originally posted by Keikan@10 October 2003 - 22:09
    Originally posted by The Kiler@10 October 2003 - 20:05
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@10 October 2003 - 21:59
    Originally posted by The Kiler@11 October 2003 - 02:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez
    @10 October 2003 - 21:49
    it&#39;s probably your computer

high temperatures are the real killers of hdds

check to see if your hdds are overheated.

ps they cannot operate above and beyond 60 degrees, inoperable above 70.

Not the heat problem. Bios&#39;s Hardware checker log stated the highest temperature was 50C for processor and 40F for HDD.

ok look, brand new hdds dont just DIE

either they&#39;ve been overheated or you smashed them against the wall

otherwise the problem is in software not hardware

To me... The brand new hard drive died 4 weeks and when I was playing WarCraft III. The game froze and.... DEATH&#33;&#33;&#33; DEATH YOU HEAR ME?&#33;?

Just because a game freezes the hd an&#39;t dead
    [/quote]
    I tested the HDD on another computer and the Hard drive is invalid. You can&#39;t format it or read it. Nothing. Diagnostic tools were run and it&#39;s corrupt. CORRUPT I TELL YA&#33;&#33;

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Double Agent
    well if you claim your hdds are new.. i am sure it&#39;s still under warrenty.

take it back for a new one... or all of them for that matter.

easier on everybody

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@10 October 2003 - 23:29
    well if you claim your hdds are new.. i am sure it&#39;s still under warrenty.

take it back for a new one... or all of them for that matter.

easier on everybody
    Sorry... but I have an extra hard drive and I don&#39;t want that one to die too

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Just had a problem with an RMA&#39;d HDD. Thought they sent me a bad one.

I&#39;d been told before my setup on my IDE cables was wrong. But it always worked before. I had as master on the primary IDE my HDD & as slave on the primary IDE I had my CDROM. All alone on the secondary IDE was my CDRW as master.

Now (so far) everything including ghosted HDD are working. On the primary IDE is my HDD as master alone. On the secondary IDE is my CDRW as master & my CDROM as slave. Have used CDROM & CDRW in this config all is good.

What is your primary & secondary IDE setup?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    all of that software came bundled with it? look at all of the virus software you got with this was all of that antivirus software already in your motherboard

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by zapjb@11 October 2003 - 00:31
    Just had a problem with an RMA&#39;d HDD. Thought they sent me a bad one.

I&#39;d been told before my setup on my IDE cables was wrong. But it always worked before. I had as master on the primary IDE my HDD & as slave on the primary IDE I had my CDROM. All alone on the secondary IDE was my CDRW as master.

Now (so far) everything including ghosted HDD are working. On the primary IDE is my HDD as master alone. On the secondary IDE is my CDRW as master & my CDROM as slave. Have used CDROM & CDRW in this config all is good.

What is your primary & secondary IDE setup?
    I have 2 IDE cables. I tested both and the harddives still died. 1 IDE made the BIOS detection slower. Right now, I&#39;m such an idiot. I have to plug in the floppy drive.

My new theory is that BIOS is corrupt and I have to flash it. Wish me luck&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Good luck.

Replace the cables. Forget about testing them.

Try the "CS" Cable Select position for the jumpers. Just connect one drive all by itself on the end IDE connector to make it master. Restart your computer and go into the CMOS setup find &#39;drive detection&#39; and use that.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Actually, Learn350 might have a good point. I&#39;m not sure that you could get a virus stored in your motherboard, or maybe it has corrupted your ram&#33; Everytime you put a new harddrive in it, the virus is still there in the mobo or ram?..?? Seems possible to me. Theres no way that games or whatever is messing up all of your hardrives...no way.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by The Kiler@11 October 2003 - 02:18
    Problem has been detected and windows has been hut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    If this is the first time you&#39;ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop mesage, disable the driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select safe mode.

Techinical Information:
    ** Stop: 0X0000008E (0X0000005, 0XF9E41COB, OXF9A46800, 0X000000)

** setupdd.sys - Address F9E41C0B base at F9E19000. Datestamp 3b7d8507

Hmmm, I have also had this blue screen at start up. It happend when I put a PC100 and a PC133 ram stick in there...they were not compatible together. Maybe something isnt compatible? Thats what mine was.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast