Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found: The Best Place For Alien Life

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    200 years ago, travelling more than 60 miles an hour was "impossible", as at this speed you would not be able to breath...... just a thought nigel

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@12 October 2003 - 23:11
    200 years ago, travelling more than 60 miles an hour was "impossible", as at this speed you would not be able to breath...... just a thought nigel
    Rat Faced,

You remind me now of something my Grandmother once said to me when I was young! She said to me once, in one of our many conversations about the universe, "Nigel, man will never land on the moon!" Of course I told her she was wrong and that one day, man would indeed land on the moon! We were both right in a way! She died just before man landed on the moon...

Now that you mention that story, which I have read somewhere, I realise that I too must be growing old!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I love these think tanks!

It's very hard to predict the existence of life on other worlds, when we don't fully understand the existence of life on this world.

Is life a natural conclusion of certain preset environmental criteria, or a chance occurrence based on an number of extremely unlikely events and situations?

Until we actually find evidence of life evolving on other planets we may never be able to answer this question.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Phone Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12