Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newspapers - Whose Truth Do They Tell?

BANNED
    Originally posted by JPaul+12 October 2003 - 05:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 12 October 2003 - 05:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@11 October 2003 - 16:10
    I don&#39;t really have a strong opinion on newspapers JP, as I don&#39;t read them.

I purposely chose the above quote because it was 123 years old.

I&#39;ve heard many people mention the press, and press bias in particular, I saw this as a chance for them to voice their opinions, not share mine.

What a strange thing to say. [/b][/quote]
    Is it me you have a problem with JP, or the thread?

Either way, I find your posts uplifting.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+12 October 2003 - 06:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 12 October 2003 - 06:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by JPaul@12 October 2003 - 05:30
    <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean
    @11 October 2003 - 16:10
    I don&#39;t really have a strong opinion on newspapers JP, as I don&#39;t read them.

I purposely chose the above quote because it was 123 years old.

I&#39;ve heard many people mention the press, and press bias in particular, I saw this as a chance for them to voice their opinions, not share mine.

What a strange thing to say.
    Is it me you have a problem with JP, or the thread?

Either way, I find your posts uplifting.

[/b][/quote]
    Neither, it was just a strange thing to say.

You feel somehow that if people wish to discuss this matter they are not capable of doing so without you being the catalyst ?

As indeed was "Either way I find your posts uplifting" a strange thing to say.

Is this your new look, reasonable, but enigmatic. I don&#39;t know if it suits you. Perhaps it would have had you started that way.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    BANNED
    Haha&#33; JP you have me in stitches, your wry Scottish humour makes me homesick for the mother country.

Congratulations on Scotland&#39;s win, by the way, I hope you get through the play-offs OK.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 October 2003 - 13:02
    Haha&#33; JP you have me in stitches, your wry Scottish humour makes me homesick for the mother country.

Congratulations on Scotland&#39;s win, by the way, I hope you get through the play-offs OK.

You are homesick for a country you left because you hated its education system, health service, politics and close ties with the USA.

What a really very strange thing to say.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    BANNED
    Originally posted by JPaul+12 October 2003 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 12 October 2003 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@12 October 2003 - 13:02
    Haha&#33;&nbsp; JP you have me in stitches, your wry Scottish humour makes me homesick for the mother country.

You are homesick for a country you left because you hated its education system, health service, politics and close ties with the USA.

What a really very strange thing to say. [/b][/quote]
    Are you on something hallucinogenic JP?

Correct me if I&#39;m wrong, but I don&#39;t recall discussing my reasons for leaving Britain on this forum. Or do you know me personally?

Edit: Corrected spelling before Granny Paul picks up on it.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 October 2003 - 13:53
    hallucigenic

I beg your pardon.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    BANNED
    A good start JP, start with pettiness, and work your way up to an opinion.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 October 2003 - 14:00
    A good start JP, start with pettiness, and work your way up to an opinion.

You really are such a wag. Though once one has seen the show a few times it gets a bit repetitive.

Can&#39;t you get someone to write you some new material, or perhaps try to ad-lib a wee bit. Go on give it a bash, you might be good at it. You&#39;re never to old to try something new.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    BANNED
    I&#39;ve just been looking at your contribution to the list of topics JP, not exactly a prolific thread poster are you? You obviously wait for others to form opinions for you, so you can mock in that inimitable scottish lilt.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    BANNED
    I just thought I&#39;d share this "news" item with you. It comes from the International Express. It reminds me of the story about the guy who get&#39;s a fright in one of his dreams, has a heart attack and dies in his sleep.

Jail-fear driver on the run.

Police are hunting a fugitive who calmly walked out of a court, past a police station, and went on the run after realising he was about to be sent to prison.
    Glyn Rowlands, 32, a disqualified driver, had admitted a number of motoring and assault charges.
    He said he was going to the lavatory after he spotted two security guards enter the court moments before his sentencing.
    Father-of-six Rowlands, of West Coker, Somerset, took their presence as a sign they were about to accompany him to jail and fled the courthouse in Blandford, Dorset.
    Magistrates sentenced him to four months jail in his absence.

Can you spot the obvious flaw in this story?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast