My personal opinion of reading newspapers is to never stick to reading one consistently and to never read tabloids. It'll be a cold day in hell before i'm a regular reader of the sun, mail, mirror or star. Imo the average tabloid story is either sensationalist human interest rubbish or something just short of propoganda, designed to fit in with what it thinks are it's readers' world views. I hate being told what i should think, I'd much rather someone laid out as much fact as is known and let me make up my own mind, or alternatively laid out a debate on the issue from both sides in a roughly even manner.
I hate the fact that the best way to make money in any media seems to be to appeal to the lowest common demonination, its lead to crappy tv, crappy movies and crappy newspapers.

Thats my rant for today

As for other media sources, I suppose i'm less picky. For the last couple of months i've read BBC news online a lot, I think thats because i generally can't pick up any obvious bias when reading it and so it tends not to piss me off. I watch euronews and CNN because they're the only English channels in Switzerland and I find i miss too much when trying to keep up with german news.