Thread: What's going on with the Scene lately?

Question Mark

Whats been happening lately? I'm sure I'm not the only once noticing the big decline in reputable scene groups and rips lately.

Alot of releases aren't coming out until the week of, or even the week after the actual DVD release. Also, what happened to R1's? Majority of what BOW has been ripping lately has been R4 (with the exception of a few). For example, there STILL isn't a R1 rip of Angels and Demons... what gives?

Also, what happened to the groups that were awesome? Like Replica, DREAMLiGHT, CJ... and many others?

Hopefully I'm not the only one to have noticed this recently, and someone could help me out as to why its happening.

Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    The DVDR scene is dying off while the HD scene is thriving. Perhaps there is some supply reason behind this or perhaps it is just a trend because more people, including sceners, are putting their resources into HD.

Up through last winter, I downloaded only DVDRs. Now I just grab the 720p rips.
    Last edited by TrollinThunder; 11-25-2009 at 12:07 AM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    DVDRips FTW..... small size n quality good enough...
    i rarely grab those bluray's lol too big for me....
    But i think it's not only the scene that post late after dvd's came out
    it's also because movies sucks those days.....

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Yep something is definitely up.Other than FQM,there seems to be a completely new crop of TV sceners as well.The old groups are getting sloppier.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Yeah I agree.

Also, maybe its the fact that more DVD players are multi region now instead of strictly R1. So certain groups dont feel the need to rip R1's.

Who knows.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    METiS releasin all NEW HD pouplar movies .. rest r sleeping

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    you can say that again