Thread: Downloading And Sharing .bin Files

mickeysabbath
    I use both the IRC and Kazaa for the downloading of films. As many of you know, most films shared over the IRC are transmitted as .rar or .tar files which require extraction with WinRar. WinRar then converts them into .bin and ,cue files.

I'd like to be able to share my library of films in the .bin and .cue file formats but it doesn't seem as though Kazaa Lite's Search engine recognizes .bin files. (Yes, I have Kazaa Lite's newest 2.4.3 version.) That is, when I run a search for a given movie, I notice that the Search results only displays .avi, .mov, amd .mpeg file formats.

Have I failed to enable the pertinent option. Does KLite have this capability?

i ask that someone enlighten me.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    i dont think kazaa supports bin cue format

proud to be american

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    not possible needthe source codE

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Jay+11 October 2003 - 18:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jay &#064; 11 October 2003 - 18:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i dont think kazaa supports bin cue format[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-EnJoi @ 11 October 2003 &#045; 18:18

not possible needthe source codE[/quote]

I&#39;m afraid you&#39;re both wrong.
    With Kazaa you can share ANY kind of file type you want.
    Bin/cue files are filtered out whenever you click on the &#39;Video&#39; or &#39;Software&#39; search option filter.
    You need to have the search option &#39;Everything&#39; selected in order to get the .bin/cue files in the search results.

Movies in the bin/cue format are not very common in the FastTrack network.
    These movies are usually shared already extracted from the .bin files with an .mpg extension because this way they will show up in the search results even if the &#39;Video&#39; filter is selected.

If you want to extract the .mpg files from your .bin files, just use something like WinISO, ISOBuster or VCDGear.