Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mininova limits its activities to Content Distribution service

Glitterstep's Avatar Peace|Lov|Energy|EDM BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Mininova limits its activities to Content Distribution service
    November 26, 2009

" Today is an important day in the history of Mininova. From now on, we are limiting Mininova.org to our Content Distribution service. By doing so, we comply with the ruling of the Court of Utrecht of last August.

Unfortunately the court ruling leaves us no other option than to take our platform offline, except for the Content Distribution service. According to the verdict (Dutch link) we have to prevent uploads of torrents to Mininova that refer to certain titles or to similar-looking titles. We’ve been testing some filtering systems the last couple of months, but we found that it’s neither technically nor[/COLOR] operationally possible to implement a 100% working filter system. Therefore, we decided that the only option is to limit Mininova to Content Distribution torrents from now on. We are still considering an appeal at this moment.

We launched our Content Distribution service in 2007. This service allows producers and artists to easily publish and distribute their content for free through Mininova. The launch of Content Distribution has proven to be a success. Countless content owners have used Content Distribution to distribute their content (e.g. albums and documentaries) for free to millions of users. For example, the Dutch band Silence is Sexy released their complete album on Mininova and received the Interactive Award 2009 for doing so. The Dutch television broadcaster VPRO decided to start using Content Distribution in 2009 in order to distribute documentaries. "

Source: Mininova blog

I used to down a lot of stuff from there and today when i checked out mininova..Here's what it said

Hi all,

Today is an important day in the history of Mininova. From now on, we are limiting Mininova.org to our Content Distribution service. By doing so, we comply with the ruling of the Court of Utrecht of last August.

Unfortunately the court ruling leaves us no other option than to take our platform offline, except for the Content Distribution service. According to the verdict (Dutch link) we have to prevent uploads of torrents to Mininova that refer to certain titles or to similar-looking titles. We’ve been testing some filtering systems the last couple of months, but we found that it’s neither technically nor operationally possible to implement a 100% working filter system. Therefore, we decided that the only option is to limit Mininova to Content Distribution torrents from now on. We are still considering an appeal at this moment.

We launched our Content Distribution service in 2007. This service allows producers and artists to easily publish and distribute their content for free through Mininova. The launch of Content Distribution has proven to be a success. Countless content owners have used Content Distribution to distribute their content (e.g. albums and documentaries) for free to millions of users. For example, the Dutch band Silence is Sexy released their complete album on Mininova and received the Interactive Award 2009 for doing so. The Dutch television broadcaster VPRO decided to start using Content Distribution in 2009 in order to distribute documentaries.

We would like to thank you for your support. Especially everyone that contributed to Mininova receives a big “thank you!” for the effort! We hope to keep welcoming you on Mininova and our other projects (e.g. Snotr, Dispostable).

Thanks! The Mininova staff
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 11-27-2009 at 11:12 PM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Limited ?

It's not Limited, it means site is down and F**ked up.
    who will visit mininova if there is nothing to download ?

RIP Mininova (26/November/2009)
    Last edited by merwais; 11-26-2009 at 04:17 PM.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Mininova was the first torrent site I used I believe. Although I it has been years since I downloaded anything from there it is still sad to see.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    is this the end of public trackers?

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Mininova limits its activities to Content Distribution service
    November 26, 2009

" Today is an important day in the history of Mininova. From now on, we are limiting Mininova.org to our Content Distribution service. By doing so, we comply with the ruling of the Court of Utrecht of last August.

Unfortunately the court ruling leaves us no other option than to take our platform offline, except for the Content Distribution service. According to the verdict (Dutch link) we have to prevent uploads of torrents to Mininova that refer to certain titles or to similar-looking titles. We’ve been testing some filtering systems the last couple of months, but we found that it’s neither technically nor[/COLOR] operationally possible to implement a 100% working filter system. Therefore, we decided that the only option is to limit Mininova to Content Distribution torrents from now on. We are still considering an appeal at this moment.

We launched our Content Distribution service in 2007. This service allows producers and artists to easily publish and distribute their content for free through Mininova. The launch of Content Distribution has proven to be a success. Countless content owners have used Content Distribution to distribute their content (e.g. albums and documentaries) for free to millions of users. For example, the Dutch band Silence is Sexy released their complete album on Mininova and received the Interactive Award 2009 for doing so. The Dutch television broadcaster VPRO decided to start using Content Distribution in 2009 in order to distribute documentaries. "

Source: Mininova blog

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    xuxoxux's Avatar Reader BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Heat View Post
    is this the end of public trackers?
    I doubt it. Only those trackers who host in rocky countries might be harassed to closed. I can't imagine public trackers dying anyway, someone will always open another one.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Amazing.

Now even less people will use the site.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    ShadowsServant's Avatar Tomato BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Well I didn't see that coming, First thepiratebay now mininova, I hope that private sites will persevere.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    lineman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    That's a terrible loss for the file-sharing community. On the bright side, many small sites will come to take it's place and fill the big gap mininova left.

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Slixx's Avatar Poster
    +1

Its a loss for many and at the same time its a gain for all the others. This was bound to happen though!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast