Thread: Blank Areas In Pdf Books

Poster
    I have tried using some of the Adobe tools to correct the problem, but no luck.
    I am finding that when I open certain PDF files, there are blank spaces in the paragraphs where sentences or words should be. If I copy the entire page and transpose to microsoft word or wordpad, lo and behold, the missing sentences/ words appear (on the word or wordpad document). I am currently using Adobe 6.0, and I am unfamiliar with any settings or additions to Abobe that I require to properly read these documents. My apologies if this posted in the wrong forum, but I am assuming that someone else here has had the same problem.

Thanks

2. Lounge   -   #2
    check ur settings relating COLORS anywhere and/or ACCESSIBILITY

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    no luck so far.. tried changing backgroung colours, font colours, and all other accessibility options in preferences menu.... any other suggestions would be appreciated... in the meantime will try working with some other settings

Thanks

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Still no luck today. I had a friend who thought it was a bad scan, but like I mentioned, the wording will show up when it copy and paste the page to a Word or Wordpad document.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Well...after a couple of days of researching and going through the ADOBE help forums.. I seem to have found the issue... it appears to be a font related issue (I am not familiar with Adobe, so I do not know the proper term for the prob). Quite a few ppl have removed their Reader 6.0 and went back to 5.x and have had no issues reading ANY pdf files (even the ones that were gibbled when reading in 6.0). ALOT of unhappy campers in the Adobe forums... guess I'll be more careful next time to try older versions of software before download updates.