Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place to host a website

Thanks

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    I was wondering if anyone knows this following web host or has had any experience with them.

http://www.000webhost.com/

Also, any recommendations for the cheapest, easiest way to register a new domain name?
    Last edited by coldnorth; 12-12-2009 at 06:49 PM.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    OVH is very safe. I use for seedboxes !

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    Thanks Hombre. How's the service? decent?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by NesteaZen View Post
    There's also godaddy.com. As far as I know ishohunt uses it. Or maybe just domain registration. w/e.
    Isohunt doesn't use godaddy. Theres pictures of their big servers on the web. Pretty interesting I'll find the pictures and post them here.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    Yes, I thought so, but you never know. I've just whoised it and funny enough it uses godaddy as registrar and he also uses domainsbyproxy.com. So.. sorry.
    I once read/heard isohunt and godaddy in one sentence so I assumed, but yes I know it would be stupid for the content they have.

coldnorth
    Just come back to tell us what you've chosen and maybe post the website. Little traffic boost .
    and ultimately will offer products for sale
    Some shop or will you act as a host for various companies (designer)?
    Last edited by NesteaZen; 12-13-2009 at 12:28 PM.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    Thanks guys.

I used Go Daddy to register the domain and might just host it there for the time being. I'll post the url when it is up. My html skills are a bit dated so I might be back here asking advice.

Thanks again to everyone who responded. Love this site.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    xuxoxux's Avatar Reader BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by coldnorth View Post
    Thanks guys.

I used Go Daddy to register the domain and might just host it there for the time being. I'll post the url when it is up. My html skills are a bit dated so I might be back here asking advice.

Thanks again to everyone who responded. Love this site.
    I have used Godaddy in the past, and have not had any problems with them. Full up time and friendly support, though their prices could have been a tiny bit better. Still, nice deal.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    Thanks everyone for all of your help. I have the site up and running, though there are still a few more things to work out. The forum has been installed and I loaded the pages with the updated e-mail and forum links but for some reason they are not appearing yet.

Go Daddy's price is good and they have a lot of nice features but their site is a bit awkward to navigate, especially for someone who has not put up a web page in years, and those were all sub-domains.

With my work schedule it might be a few days before I get everything working right but if anyone wants to take a look the url is

www.aneurysmsupport.com

I'd be real interested in hearing any opinions, criticisms, or advice.

Thanks again

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #20
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    Just Host is horrible. Stay away from them. They charge you a rather expensive setup fee.

Instead, you should go with DreamHost or HostGator. What about Softlayer and Singlehop?
    Last edited by Slickerey; 12-14-2009 at 01:45 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast