Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best place to host a website

Quote Originally Posted by Slickerey View Post
    Just Host is horrible. Stay away from them. They charge you a rather expensive setup fee.

Instead, you should go with DreamHost or HostGator. What about Softlayer and Singlehop?
    Thanks Slickerey. I have this one up and running on Go Daddy. Will take a look at your suggestions for the next one.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #22
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Nice work you've done with the site but then begins the hard task of actually putting it out there so that everyone knows it exists.
    I know there are how tos for turning up among the first in google searches but am unfamiliar with the specifics.

check out http://avaxhome.ws and see if you can find any useful material as regards that.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Nice work you've done with the site but then begins the hard task of actually putting it out there so that everyone knows it exists.
    I know there are how tos for turning up among the first in google searches but am unfamiliar with the specifics.

check out http://avaxhome.ws and see if you can find any useful material as regards that.
    Thanks sez. Yes, that can often be the hardest part. A few years back I use to have pretty good luck with that, but it was much simpler then. Just make sure that you had meta tags and that the first part of the text contained the key words. Much more difficult now I hear. I used Go Daddy's web site analyzer and it picked out a few things I need to work on.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #24
    Thanks for the link sez, there might be some material there I can use.

Anyone have any hints, suggestions, or ideas for building some traffic and forum membership?
    Last edited by coldnorth; 12-16-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #25
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by coldnorth View Post
    Thanks for the link sez, there might be some material there I can use.

Anyone have any hints, suggestions, or ideas for building some traffic and forum membership?
    There were some search engine optimization tips that I saw in one of the guides on here

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...fresp3kz-82765
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #26
    Thanks Slim I'll take a look. I'm a bit concerned about that right now as I have not been indexed yet by the search engines. I know that can take a while but I have noticed that some other pages, postings on other forum, etc since I put the page up have been listed.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #27
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Dunno what you did but your site appears 1st page on google with aneurysm support as the key words.
    I've since been acquainted with this SE0 guy and he guarantees top 3 with any key words(I doubted him) but I saw him do it.If you are still interested,let me know and I'll get you in contact with him.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #28
    Yep, but that is the only page in which I am appearing on page one, and even within the top five. So yep, I'd be interested in talking with this guy.

I use to be pretty good at getting pages list in the first page, but things have changed a bit over the years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123