Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candadians Not Affected By The Riaa

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    i read this in the province newspaper, it said that canadians cannot be prosecuted by the RIAA . in canada, the laws are totally different, here, it applies that copying is okay (not plagarism) but trading is not. let me put it in stupidified form:
    if u download music or anything else for that matter from someone, ur basically copying a file from them, not taking the file, so that means that we canadians can't get sued, bcuz we're copying files, not trading. Trading in filesharing terms in Canada means that u burn something on a cd and give it to someone or burn cds and sell them, that is illegal here, but downloading shit aint! i'm so happy today . i talked to telus (my adsl provider), they told me that this law is infact true. they knew i was happy, so they warned me not to exceed my bandwidth . but then again, i wish canada could be a little bit like america, gun laws here are to strict, i wanted an airsoft for my birthday, but i gotta be 19 plus sign a bunch of forms and pay fees .

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    you live in vancouver???
    so the means shaw wont be phoning me ???

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    yup, unless u exceed ur bandwidth. happened to once, had to pay 50 extra bucks

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    u know if this applies to toronto?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    alberta cus my bro is there?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by wormless@11 October 2003 - 21:01
    alberta cus my bro is there?
    I live there too.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Duh! Recording Industry Association of America!

It is not RIAC

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    wat was ur highest speed on telus ???

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@12 October 2003 - 01:19
    i read this in the province newspaper, it said that canadians cannot be prosecuted by the RIAA . in canada, the laws are totally different, here, it applies that copying is okay (not plagarism) but trading is not. let me put it in stupidified form:
    if u download music or anything else for that matter from someone, ur basically copying a file from them, not taking the file, so that means that we canadians can't get sued, bcuz we're copying files, not trading. Trading in filesharing terms in Canada means that u burn something on a cd and give it to someone or burn cds and sell them, that is illegal here, but downloading shit aint! i'm so happy today . i talked to telus (my adsl provider), they told me that this law is infact true. they knew i was happy, so they warned me not to exceed my bandwidth . but then again, i wish canada could be a little bit like america, gun laws here are to strict, i wanted an airsoft for my birthday, but i gotta be 19 plus sign a bunch of forms and pay fees .

yeah, someday you walking on the stairs with your gun and you slip and you headshot yourself and fucking die, bitch...

yeah life's a bitch

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@11 October 2003 - 18:30
    yup, unless u exceed ur bandwidth. happened to once, had to pay 50 extra bucks
    How much did you exceed>?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast