Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opera Compatible

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Any one know of a pop-up stopper/Banner Blocker that is compatible with opera? I found one that does work but you cant put in a serial without them scanning it to see if it's real.

Also norton security works with opera, but for some odd reason when i installed it, it only worked temporaly.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I don't know about banners but you can block popups with Opera. Hit F12 and select Open requested pop ups only.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I knew that, i am basicaly looking for a banner blocker only.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Take a look at this link to the Opera Forum. There are some suggestions on URL blocking with Opera and a few suggestions for external blocking programs. Hope this helps. Let us know.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nope i have the beta version and it dosent have the .css file that they were talking about.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Opera has the option to load images and or java, and a 100% built in pop up stopper

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thx to someone here I switched from IE, then to Opera and now Firebird (which has exceptional ad blocking. However, what really blocks my ads/banners/popup (whatever u want to categorize them as) is Norton IS 2003 or 2004. new features in 2004 is flash and other new methods of popups.

for as long as I had NIS, I have not seen ONE popup/banner & if I was to get one, then it's simple, drag inside the banner to the trash of NIS and click add. that's all.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    NIS when i installed it after a week it stoped blocking ads and pop ups

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@12 October 2003 - 04:11
    Nope i have the beta version and it dosent have the .css file that they were talking about.
    So get the non beta. Never use beta.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@12 October 2003 - 00:11
    You should have it. I am using the 7.21 beta and it is located at Program Files/Opera7/Styles/User.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast