Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not that anyone's noticed, but...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Global Warming has shot it's wad.

The gravy-train continues to roll, for the nonce.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Boy, that damn environment.
    We're spending all this time and money trying to preserve it and what gratitude does it repay us with?

Nothing...just nothing.

We should just let Corporate America formulate our environmental policy, right?
    Let the market deal with Mother Nature.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    What's all that got to do with Global Warming?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Oh, you know...COČ emissions as a factor in global warming and all that poppycock.
    Regulated by the EPA, isn't it?
    Why let a bunch of tree-hugging scientists determine what's good for us when our enlightened corporate overlords, using the power of the free market, could do a much better job?

BTW, it strikes me as odd that you didn't jump on the birther bandwagon given your denial of global warming.
    In both cases the logic is the same...you can't prove that "A" exists, therefore "B" must be true.
    You can't prove Obama's nationality with a certificate I deem acceptable, therefore he must be Kenyan.
    You can't prove global warming exists, therefore mankind has no effect on the environment.

Seems like you're really missing an opportunity to amp up your crazy level.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    we need to save our enviornment

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Global Warming has shot it's wad.

The gravy-train continues to roll, for the nonce.
    Global warming has been present since the ice age otherwise what happened to all the ice? What is happening now is that Capitalism has started using it as an excuse for a new tax.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    So you don't believe there is evidence supporting the conclusion that mankind has accelerated- or even affected- this warming trend.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Oh, you know...COČ emissions as a factor in global warming and all that poppycock.
    Regulated by the EPA, isn't it?
    Why let a bunch of tree-hugging scientists determine what's good for us when our enlightened corporate overlords, using the power of the free market, could do a much better job?

BTW, it strikes me as odd that you didn't jump on the birther bandwagon given your denial of global warming.
    In both cases the logic is the same...you can't prove that "A" exists, therefore "B" must be true.
    You can't prove Obama's nationality with a certificate I deem acceptable, therefore he must be Kenyan.
    You can't prove global warming exists, therefore mankind has no effect on the environment.

Seems like you're really missing an opportunity to amp up your crazy level.
    I'll settle for pointing out that your presumption re: atmospheric CO2 plus whatever emissions you care to reference having any sort of impact on temps is incorrect; if you'd actually ever researched the issue, you would know that, at many points in history, and specifically several times in the last few thousand years, the escalation of CO2 levels has coincided with a declination of temps, which fact absolutely destroys your favorite scientists' favorite models.

I will also state my own opinion, which is that, while global warming may indeed be taking place, there is not one shred of indisputable evidence man is complicit, and, to borrow an argument you yourself are currently making in another thread, mankind should be presumed innocent, at least while a decent jury squabble is allowed to play out.

I have another opinion for you as well-

That squabble is about to truly begin...'tis a story of international machination, suspect emails, crooked scientists, and politicians with a nose for easy money.

Best stay tuned.
    Last edited by j2k4; 12-02-2009 at 11:24 PM.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    OK then.
    We have nothing more to talk about.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    OK then.
    We have nothing more to talk about.
    On this subject, perhaps.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast