Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wwhat Is The Best Banner Blocker?

BANNED
    ok but how does the message help with ad blocking boss??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    It dosent, it was being a bitch.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@13 October 2003 - 02:42
    It dosent, it was being a bitch.
    lmao

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Originally posted by nikita69@13 October 2003 - 08:23
    every one of us thinks this software is better than that software.

how about it we make it a challange? If anyone has a site address that REALLLLLLLY generates banner/popup (or whatever u wanna call them), to post it and let's all go there and see if the software we have is really blocking ALL.

We have to be honest in our results and if u can post a count of how many were blocked.
    It's not that 'my software' is best. I'm talking from experience, as I tried a lot of ad blocking programs: AdsBegone, AdSubtract [also good but seems uncrackable], WebWasher, Norton Internet Security, Pop-up Stopper, Free Surfer mk II, Zero Popup, etc.

I must say that the best banner/popup blocker for IE 5.x is WebWasher. It doesn't seem to work as good as it did on IE6.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Originally posted by Agent Smith+13 October 2003 - 08:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 13 October 2003 - 08:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-doodle@12 October 2003 - 22:05
    Ad Muncher is definitely the way to go.

About its "Serial Verification" - You need to first block www.admuncher.com through the HOSTS file, then register it. It will not bug you&nbsp;
    I still dont trust it, kinda scared me for 0.3 secounds.

But yeah Ad Muncher is the best, and works with opera. Imight just buy it. Just to be safe. (lol i sound like a dumass, huh paying for stuff ) [/b][/quote]
    Trust me, it works. It &#39;logged&#39; me about 5 times before I found this way.
    Besides, I would never post a solution that I haven&#39;t checked and proved it works.

Of course, paying is a good solution too

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    doodle, my post was not for u it is simply a general comment and a challange to everyone so make it a bit more fun.

Now, DOES ANYONE HAVE A SITE THAT WILL SLAMMMMM U WITH POPUP/BANNERS/ETC.......? IF SO PLEASE POST IT HERE AND LET&#39;S ALL GO IT AND TEST OUR SOFTWARE, THEN COMEBACK AND REPORT THE HOW MANY DID IT BLOCK.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Originally posted by nikita69@13 October 2003 - 09:02
    doodle, my post was not for u it is simply a general comment and a challange to everyone so make it a bit more fun.

Now, DOES ANYONE HAVE A SITE THAT WILL SLAMMMMM U WITH POPUP/BANNERS/ETC.......? IF SO PLEASE POST IT HERE AND LET&#39;S ALL GO IT AND TEST OUR SOFTWARE, THEN COMEBACK AND REPORT THE HOW MANY DID IT BLOCK.
    http://www.popuptest.com/

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    In IE only the text or plain windows opened (those were considered safe)

In Firebird NOTHING appeared

In Opera NOTHING appeared

Unique 78 "Ads" were blocked out of 81

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    speaking to everyone here (including the devs) why don&#39;t we make our own ad-blocker?? and make it open source?? it could be a clone of another such as admuncher for example?? wat do you guyz think??

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast