Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making a Torrent Tracker

Question Mark

Hello there every one

very sorry if this is in the wrong section , im looking into setting up a Torrent tracker and am a full time noob so i dont know a great deal about it but im in no rush on setting one up
    i just want a good hobby

now i do know its a very hard thing to do that does cost a fair bit of money and time ect but if some one could point me in the right direction then that would be great

1 what do i need for a good private site ( i know alot about the scene ect )

2 how much does it cost

thanks alot people for your help and for being suce a noob.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I hope someone can help you out with your quest. There are alot of knowledgable people here and i am sure you will soon get the help you desire.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    If what you're looking for is how to set up a tracker, you should check the TBdev forums:
    http://www.tbdev.net/index.php
    There you'll find plenty of information to get you started.

What you need to have a good private site? I suppose you're hinting at Scene access. Get it, then code your auto-upload script to race stuff. Of course, it sounds very easy when put like that. Perhaps there's more to it, I don't have too much experience with this so I can't help you.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    There are plenty of guides, try tbdev, FSF, filenetworks, or maybe you could test out gazelle as well, depending on what you are looking for.

The most significant thing I think is, please don't start another 0day/scene tracker. There are already far too many of them, and unless you have something revolutionary there is a 99% chance it will fail due to lack of activity.

Think about what kind of tracker you want it to be. And if you don't start a 0day/scene tracker, you won't need to pay or find uploaders with "scene access".

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by deed2 View Post
    Hello there every one

very sorry if this is in the wrong section , im looking into setting up a Torrent tracker and am a full time noob so i dont know a great deal about it but im in no rush on setting one up
    i just want a good hobby

now i do know its a very hard thing to do that does cost a fair bit of money and time ect but if some one could point me in the right direction then that would be great

1 what do i need for a good private site ( i know alot about the scene ect )

2 how much does it cost

thanks alot people for your help and for being suce a noob.
    setting up a tracker is harder than spelling etc.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You should know or learn how to make a basic database driven website using similar technology to what one of the existing trackers use.

And throw in a bit more knowledge about server administration.

Then go for it...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i'd say don't even bother to create one if you're a "noob", it will inevitably fail.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    GL, just don;t give up and all be good. more is better.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    what you're looking for is how to set up a tracker, you should check the TBdev forums:
    http://www.tbdev.net/index.php
    There you'll find plenty of information to get you started.

always thought tosetup a tracker..thanks for info mate.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ExtraDry's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Unless you have coder that you trust life will sux for you,
    wouldn't even try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast