Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antivirus

Helionster's Avatar Poster
    I'm having a lot of problems lately wich I think are derived of a uncapable antivirus. So having in mind that I can't aford to spend one cent what are my better(free\cr*ked) options at this moment? And also if there any good aplications that realy help the antivirus to defend my PC?...
    Last edited by Helionster; 12-05-2009 at 07:30 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    As always, I recommend NOD32 2.7. Easy to install and use, fast, and no problem with keys - the "fix" makes the trial last over 16 million days.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    It's just that I had a problem with NOD32 4.0.314. It always kept freezing on about 80% of the initial scan...Does that 2.7 version fix it?Also I'm a bit confused because I have this 4.0 version for about a year or so and you are saying that the 2.7 version its,in fact, better? Enlighten me,please.

By the way I'm using avast 4.8 home edition.if I change for nod32 the change will be for better right?
    Last edited by Helionster; 12-06-2009 at 12:55 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Nsanedown

download there, and also download NodLogin 10c. nodlogin will keep the program licensed. if the antivirus ever says something about the license not being good anymore, then use nodlogin again to give valid license.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-06-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: As per forum rules please do not link to warez sites.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ok,I guess i'll give it a try. Thanks!

Do you recomend any complementar software or should I just leave it like this?
    Last edited by Helionster; 12-06-2009 at 11:19 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Helionster View Post
    It's just that I had a problem with NOD32 4.0.314. It always kept freezing on about 80% of the initial scan...Does that 2.7 version fix it?Also I'm a bit confused because I have this 4.0 version for about a year or so and you are saying that the 2.7 version its,in fact, better? Enlighten me,please.
    The reasons I prefer v2.7 are:
    • it's faster
    • it's lighter
    • no problems with keys (nsane's FiX greatly "extends" the trial)
    • it never caused any problems with other software or prevented my machine from working correctly

I only installed newer versions to see what was new, and didn't like them.

By the way I'm using avast 4.8 home edition.if I change for nod32 the change will be for better right?
    I'd say yes Remember to fully uninstall Avast before installing NOD32.

Do you recomend any complementar software or should I just leave it like this?
    Since v2.7 doesn't include a firewall, you'll need to use a separate one. I'd recommend Outpost v4. It works great and is very lightweight, too.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    MODERATION
    I use Avast is good

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Well...now I already installed the colt45joe option,and also i've added ESET smart security(wich I believe to be complementar firewall and anti-spam)...And everything has worked out just fine(5 treats eliminated). And the resources consumption its not a big deal.
    Last edited by Helionster; 12-06-2009 at 07:50 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I recommend NOD32

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    something hapened here. In my home conection everything went smothly. But then I went to use a public\free internet space in my town and the conection just came and went and most of the time it "went". So I cheked the firewal log and it had reported this "date»05-12-2009 19:05:12 event»Detected ARP cache poisoning attack source»192.168.1.254 target»192.168.1.64 protocol»ARP" almost every second for like an hour. I read that it could be a false positive and if I used NAT device(wich I don't know what it is) I should turn off the ARP poisoning attack detection and DNS poisoning attack detection. I really think that its not false positive. But anyway what do you recommend I do?

PS:Firewall is NOD32 smart security.
    Last edited by Helionster; 12-06-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast