Thread: No Sound

when i covert avi to mpeg using tmpgenc i have no sound what do i have to do , this is my first time trying this so use simple terms and instructions please thank you

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    stream type must be: system (video+audio)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@11 October 2003 - 21:50
    stream type must be: system (video+audio)
    what stream type,system [video and audio] or es [video and audio]

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    I always strip audio first and convert to wav. using Virtual dub, then add it back again in tmpgenc.

Download Virtualdub and use the file information to see what audio codec is used if it is AC3 you may have to use something like goldwav to change to Wav. Decode 5mins of movie and check before wasting time and you can see if there is any need to alter sync.

Cheers SMID

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    I have the same problem, i don't understand what u r saying SMID, can u b more specific. when i load avi in virtualdub i get the VBR message

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by browser@12 October 2003 - 09:57
    I have the same problem, i don't understand what u r saying SMID, can u b more specific. when i load avi in virtualdub i get the VBR message
    Mate if u get a vbr msg,just click ok and ignore it.All it means is the person who encoded the movie ,encoded the audio in variable bitrate(vbr) instead of constant bitrate(cbr).Just load the file in tmp,theres no need to extract the audio and use it as a seperate source.If u have any problems with tmpg reading the file or no audio just increase the directshow in the environmental settings>vafpi ass long as u have all the right codecs installed.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Just do this and u should have no problem. Just extract the audio using virtualdub by going file>open video file then audio>full processing mode then file>save wav. Once done then get a program named Headache (make sure u get all plugins) then load the .wav set the destination to .mp2 and then set it to the quality u want by cliking options twice then let that go then finally u get a program named bbmpeg then u go to start encoding load your vs stream (that's the .m1v or m2v file) then the as stream 1 (the .mp2 u just made) then go to program and set it to whatever u made .m1v is VCD and .mp2 is SVCD then once done with that hit start. and when that finishes u will have a .mpg.
    Also, next time use Tmpgenc to encode and put it on System (Audio+Video)

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    thanks

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    No prob