Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #BITMETV.INVITES CLOSED - Merry XMas, FST!!!'

Poster BT Rep: +1
    they closed there invites, because someone posted here about invite channel.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bit.../postcount1213

Last edited by Trustme; 12-06-2009 at 07:50 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    bad idea

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I don't get this. They're not the first tracker that closes IRC invites/signups supposedly because of FST. So they open but don't want people to know about this, or what?

You could say they don't want people to get accounts they'll then trade when BitMeTV closes, but there are two flaws on that theory:
    • assuming everyone from FST is a trader
    • if they're so good at detecting traders, it shouldn't be an issue

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    From there irc chan:
    <......> closed?(
    <......> allready
    <.......> :-<
    <+.......20> lol I wondered when it would be on fst
    <+.........20> I hate that site
    <..........41> bitmetv invites fulll
    <........./>
    <+........ma> ahh ok i see... damn
    Last edited by Trustme; 12-06-2009 at 07:56 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    It's called an excuse ,you can either choose to believe it or not.
    Seriously though I am privy to a lot of things and I can assure you if someone is a trader or scammer on FST he is undoubtedly on a bunch of other similar sites as well .

At least here people are either upfront about things ( which I respect) or they attempt to hide , ultimately are found out and get tossed.

<
    <.......> :-<
    <+.......20> lol I wondered when it would be on fst
    <+.........20> I hate that site
    Douchebag says what?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-06-2009 at 08:01 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    fst is always a bad ideea

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    zonta's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    I don't get this. They're not the first tracker that closes IRC invites/signups supposedly because of FST. So they open but don't want people to know about this, or what?

You could say they don't want people to get accounts they'll then trade when BitMeTV closes, but there are two flaws on that theory:
    • assuming everyone from FST is a trader
    • if they're so good at detecting traders, it shouldn't be an issue
    agree

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I don't get it.

When you open invites like this, you're looking for new blood. You may have certain requirements, applications, etc. but in the end, you're trying to receive some new, active members that could contribute to the tracker.

If you want to limit site recruiting purely to user invites in order to stay low, so be it. But initiatives such as these are meant to be publicly shown in order to attract users that otherwise wouldn't be able to obtain invites through normal means, ie user invites. Where else would these things be posted, other than a filesharing oriented site such as FST? A blog? Another forum? Unless I'm sorely mistaken and there's some magical, secretive form of communication that's completely invisible to traders (or even if there is something remotely similar, it would have to be so "secretive" that most of the users there probably already know eachother, and are already on the site), this response just seems completely hypocritical. Anywhere that you could post this announcement to potentially allow multiple users who don't have a better method of obtaining the invite, will come at the risk of potentially inviting traders.

It isn't possible to avoid that.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Rart, i do hope that BMTV staff see your post because everything you have stated is valid and in no way can be refuted. It has
    appeared to me for quite some time now that BMTV staff operate on a level that many of us just simply will never understand.
    Last edited by sheriff 01; 12-06-2009 at 08:45 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Why do people still chasing this site, then you have a lot of sites with lots of TV torrents.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast