Thread: Kazaa/riaa Conspiracy

Poster
    This whole RIAA bs has got me thinking a few things ive been ratlin off in my head r questions such as;

Y all of a sudden have the RIAA busted out with this idea to sue everyman and his dog that they can?

Y wouldnt Sharmen Networks(Kazaa) ban the RIAA from connecting to their server, or if they cant phisical stop them from accessing the server atleast say that the RIAA or any law enforcement agencie is not allowed to access their server? That way if they do access the server they are breakin the law and hence they cant use any evidence they get from it in court without incriminating themselfs.

so i came up with a conspiracy theory which answers my questions.

Now this is my "kazaa in cohuets with RIAA and vie versa" Conspiracy theory.
    (In my story when i talk about kazaa i mean the owners of kazaa/sharmen networks)

Conspiracy (1)
    Kazaa is thinking i want to make more money the ads just arnt bringing in the big money so ill make a version of kazaa which is sold for a price(Kazaa Plus which is already being sold) but then they think y would they buy it if they can access it for free, and we dont want to just stop the free version of kazaa cause that would alienate too many people.

Meanwhile the RIAA is gettin pissed and starts gettin on kazaas back. But the RIAA know they cant do anything due to the fact that the HQ of Kazaa is in Sydney Australia, but the RIAA still annoys kazaa.

So then kazaa thinks Hey, why dont we tell the RIAA how they could catch users uploading files on kazaa, allow them access to kazaa servers, and then they can sue people they catch, which will scare people from dling off the free kazaa (we will still be the heros), and then they will buy our Kazaa Plus.

And here is a slightly different timeline of events, but with the same outcomes ect.

Conspiracy (2)
    The RIAA contact kazaa and tell them to stop kazaa, kazaa thinks wait we want more money the ads just arnt bringing in the big money so lets do this, make a version of kazaa which cost money, we will give the RIAA access to our servers and info on how to catch people dl and ul copyrighted files and then the RIAA will sue them then alote of people on free kazaa will get scared of gettin caught and then buy kazaa for the peace of mind that they wont get sued(We all win).

There is no proof RIAA contacting Kazaa(but i find it hard to believe it would have never happen) and thats the reason y these are called conspiracy theorys.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I think if this were true then they RIAA should have at least dropped the lawsuit against Sharman, out of courtesy like....

P.S. Wrong section.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Cotton@13 October 2003 - 11:14
    This whole RIAA bs has got me thinking a few things ive been ratlin off in my head r questions such as;

Y all of a sudden have the RIAA busted out with this idea to sue everyman and his dog that they can?

Y wouldnt Sharmen Networks(Kazaa) ban the RIAA from connecting to their server, or if they cant phisical stop them from accessing the server atleast say that the RIAA or any law enforcement agencie is not allowed to access their server? That way if they do access the server they are breakin the law and hence they cant use any evidence they get from it in court without incriminating themselfs.

so i came up with a conspiracy theory which answers my questions.

Now this is my "kazaa in cohuets with RIAA and vie versa" Conspiracy theory.
    (In my story when i talk about kazaa i mean the owners of kazaa/sharmen networks)

Conspiracy (1)
    Kazaa is thinking i want to make more money the ads just arnt bringing in the big money so ill make a version of kazaa which is sold for a price(Kazaa Plus which is already being sold) but then they think y would they buy it if they can access it for free, and we dont want to just stop the free version of kazaa cause that would alienate too many people.

Meanwhile the RIAA is gettin pissed and starts gettin on kazaas back. But the RIAA know they cant do anything due to the fact that the HQ of Kazaa is in Sydney Australia, but the RIAA still annoys kazaa.

So then kazaa thinks Hey, why dont we tell the RIAA how they could catch users uploading files on kazaa, allow them access to kazaa servers, and then they can sue people they catch, which will scare people from dling off the free kazaa (we will still be the heros), and then they will buy our Kazaa Plus.

And here is a slightly different timeline of events, but with the same outcomes ect.

Conspiracy (2)
    The RIAA contact kazaa and tell them to stop kazaa, kazaa thinks wait we want more money the ads just arnt bringing in the big money so lets do this, make a version of kazaa which cost money, we will give the RIAA access to our servers and info on how to catch people dl and ul copyrighted files and then the RIAA will sue them then alote of people on free kazaa will get scared of gettin caught and then buy kazaa for the peace of mind that they wont get sued(We all win).

There is no proof RIAA contacting Kazaa(but i find it hard to believe it would have never happen) and thats the reason y these are called conspiracy theorys.
    Maybe you should read the FAQ there is no such thing as a kazaa server, we connect to supernodes which are just normal kazaa users with the supernode option checked.

Kazaa (Sharman networks) does not need to tell the riaa how to connect to the network; they use a hacked client of some sort just like kazaa lite,

A supernode indexs the files of users connected to it.
    When someone wants a file, the kazaa program contacts the supernode searches for users with files you want , the supernode will also contact other supernodes asking for the files, this is then sent back to you, you then request the file, this request is sent back to the supernode which then sends you a list of users and there ip addresses who have the file, your computer then requests the file direct from the users computer and hopefully you start downloading.
    Computers need each others IP address to communicate with each other, so when the riaa start downloading from you they have your IP address and record the time.

IP address are automatically applied when you log on to your isp, the isp record who had what ip and at what time, so when the riaa or what not contact your ISP the ISP know who you are, they may or may not reveal that to them depending on privacy laws and what not but the ISP can shut off your connection.

The only way to hide your IP is to use a Proxy http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=62694
    This is only socks 5 proxy support, support for other proxy protocols is non existent, there are third party programs like kazaa http which allow you to use http proxies with varying success.