Thread: Qucktime Alternative, AVG, Ccleaner & Win7 issue.

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    quicktime alt runs fine.

ccleaner runs fine.

avg runs fine, but after i install avg then run ccleaner it breaks quicktime.

anyone have this issue? how'd u fix it? lol, don't run ccleaner?

edit*

well, fuck it. after fucking with the 3 probs for hours i just gave up and formatted. lol, no0b! but low and behold the damn thing works now. who knows.
    Last edited by mr. nails; 12-12-2009 at 05:22 AM.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ccleaner has two tabs, system and programs. Perhaps if you had played with turning cleaning of certain programs off you might have eliminated the problem. But, since reformating fixed the problem, there must have been corruption somewhere causing the issue.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 12-16-2009 at 03:23 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    Ccleaner has two tabs, system and programs. Perhaps if you had played with turning cleaning of certain programs off you might have eliminated the problem.
    I'd have said the same until he mentioned the formatting thing. It'd have been nice to run a chkdsk on the drive before reinstalling.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    You know what I think? AVG targeted some file as dangerous, when it wasn't, and prevented it from functioning without telling you what it was doing. I've had anti-virus throw up a warning and even if I say ignore the program it targeted the file from will not run until I restart the PC and sometimes not until I shut down the AV.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 12-17-2009 at 12:58 AM.