Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torrent leech Ratio.....

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Anyone else a new member there lol?

Is it me or is it impossible to get your ratio up lol. I have a 1 gb seed box and I can't get past 1gb uploaded.

TL makes you wait 48 hours for all new torrents lol, which is like one of the only ways to get your ratio up......

There system is so dumb that I can see how it actually promotes people to leech, because its so impossible to establish yourself on there.
    How can a scene tracker do that to new members.....

I mean I'll continue being a good member and seeding the 1 file I managed to download lol, but it might take a year for me to get past the wait time lift.

I joined scc two weeks after i got my TL account and have 10x the ratio i have on TL.....
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 12-11-2009 at 05:19 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    weird. It was piece of cake to lift the wait time once I joined TL some years ago. And I had a shitty connection.
    Go for the popular PC games and HD movies, specially during the weekend. There are way more leechers during the weekend, as not everyone checks torrent sites daily.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Download a piece of one of the Seinfeld packs. Done.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    nucks2424's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    downloaded wrong torrent to start and was not going to work to use a tracker thats no different then a dozen others. If u do like the others say you will eventually get to 1:1. Its a scam to get people who think the site is the holy grail to donate. I am sure it works on a lot of people. Revtt uses it too.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Just donate!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    OP, I use 5 trackers on a daily basis. Out of those 5 the easiest to seedback on is TL. Without a doubt, 100%. The wait times are an excellent rule to enforce. OP, I bet I really have you wondering now, don't I, eh?? The whole reason of the wait-times is to make the user understand how the site/tracker works. It forces you to read the FAQ to figure out why they are there in the first place. It makes you put effort into your time there to get rid of the wait-times. One of the trackers im on, new users can't even download anything for 48hrs. That one is rough, but like I mentioned earlier, it forces the user to explore the site, read in the forums about tips, advice, rules, etc. Anyhow, consider the wait times on TL kind of like TL training wheels. Once you meet the requirements for no wait times you can leech & seed without the training wheels!!! LOL, I know, that was a pretty corny & horrible comparison.

Anything i've downloaded on TL in the past, whether its 5 days old, or a few months, I was always able to seed back to a 1:1 or damn near. There are so many users on TL that there is a very good chance that someone is going to want what you have already leeched and are seeding. I'm sure after time you will totally find it easy to seed anything back. So don't lose hope yet.
    Last edited by Chief_Garbonzo; 12-11-2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: forgot to add my advice paragraph

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Cross seed, download something off a tracker you have a good ratio on and just seed it on TL.

TL's pre times arent that great so you have time to leech off a tracker and seed on TL .

BTW, In my experience leech Heroes, Dexter as soon as theyre posted.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Cross seeding and partial seeding is the easiest way on TL, and ofcourse some packs. If you do get problems contact staff they usually give you a day or 2 extra if your near the0.4 ratio theyre nice like that

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Lol everything I try to cross seed never seems to be the same size file.

Im going to try modernwarfare 2 I think it will work.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    you just have to check the release name, the filesize and the amount of files.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast