Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: STN closing down?

Title says it all. While browsing its forums today, I found this post by the site founder:
    Quote Originally Posted by yocto
    So effective Dec 15th, I'm closing STN. I will process and give refunds.
    No need to send me a pm with your transaction ID as I'm refunding everyones money including previous donors.

I'll spend my time, my money, and my effort on something else that brings me enjoyment. Because taking abuse from the handful of ignorant, uneducated people here is consuming way to much of my time
    In response to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Source
    Reading that post makes me realize why you chose TS over TBDEV or something else far superior. You state you're no p2p guru and didn't realize rules were needed? Come on man, I'm not trying to down you or anything (I'm trying to help you) but so far you've shown me that you're on a bit of a power trip, slightly egotistical and won't listen to good advice because what your mind perceives as valid is actually corrupt due to lack of experience in this field. If this gets me banned, than it's just another example to the rest of the members here that we aren't allowed to have opinions on this site (I recall you saying you'd ban anyone talking about tbdev... are you serious?). If we can't have opinions than I have no place here anymore. It just scares me that if you hate Modern Warfare 2 for whatever reasons that you won't allow us to talk about the game on the forums or in irc. Please reassure me these type of things won't happen in the future.
    The rest of the thread (originally about temporary restrictions that were imposed) are mostly posts begging yocto to change his mind. Personally, I won't miss it - not a big fan of Pay2Leech.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I lost my bet. I thought It would last until 1-jan-2010

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Never saw it coming

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    I'm not going to miss it either. Sure, they had fast pretimes, but STN's owner is known to be a real douche when it comes to talking about his beloved TS.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickerey View Post
    STN's owner is known to be a real douche when it comes to talking about his beloved TS.
    As in "ban for everyone else that proposes TBdev or Gazelle"

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    As in "ban for everyone else that proposes TBdev or Gazelle"
    Yeah. That's exactly what I was talking about. His seedboxes were great, but if he actually listened to his users' opinions, then his tracker would have been a success. My two cents.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    and STN stands for ?
    STN = seed torrent network . com ? or ... ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    STN = StoreThe.Net

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    We all know that he was just kidding.

Also, some people might confuse this site with Sharing-The.Net. STN and StN are totally different things.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    snagit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If they're really closing down, then you can't say you didn't see it coming.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast