Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winamp Messed My Win Media Player

i downloaded winamp and once i finished installin it i couldnt use my windows media player and it changed all my files into ithink a .amp file typethis was not cool so i uninstalled winamp and my windows media player still wouldnt work and my file types wheres still left as .amp so i reinstalled the newest version of windows media player and it works and all now but all my file icons look the same instead of mpg files being gree avi grey mp3 gold did i install a diffrent version of WMP if so ne 1 know what the other version i was using with diffrent icons per file type and once in reinstall this how would i install winamp without it messing with my WMP and my file types

Thanx to ne1 who can help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Winamp didn't really "mess up" your file types, it simply did what it was trained to do...associate itself with all the available file extensions.
    Next time, right after you install Winamp, go to Options>Preferences>Setup>File Types and only check the extensions that you want WinAmp to play.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    You can also do this (for XP users) to make system-wide changes by going into:

control panel>add or remove programs>set program access and defaults

...and then just configure which applications you want to open whichever file-types you wish.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    (for XP users)
    should be for XP sp1 users! as this is added by sp1!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thanx a lot for the help clocker ill try that btw does ne1 know how to change my file icons so that there look difrent for diffrent files cause right now they all look the same and i like it how i had it before

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@14 October 2003 - 02:52
    thanx a lot for the help clocker ill try that btw does ne1 know how to change my file icons so that there look difrent for diffrent files cause right now they all look the same and i like it how i had it before
    icons will automatically change when u reassociate the extensions.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i ment with windows media player lol i get the winamp part but first i want to reinstall the version of windows media player with diifrent icons like mpg is green avi is grey currently my icons all look the same and when i search on kazaa the icons all look the same so i was wondering if i need an older version of win media player or somthing else?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Open Media Player.

Go to Tools and select Options.

Click on the File Types tab, and check all the boxes you want associated with it.

After that you should have the old-sytle icons back (you may need to reboot).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    great thanx a lot Nightwolf ill try that now

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    nope no luck my media icons all stiill look the same i guess ill try instaling a diffrent version of WMP thanx anyways for the help every1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast