Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slow and inconsistent speeds with Astraweb

Hi guys,

Sometimes my Usetnet works fine, and others it's like this (check the graph)

My connection usually goes at around 280kbps consistently, but sometimes like now it'll go to 60 then 0, then 50 then 0, then 70 then 0 and just repeat, and I have no idea what's causing it or how to fix it - I've disabled Peerblock but had no luck, I've disabled windows firewall etc.

I don't think it's my connection (Entanet) as if I load torrents they're consistent and max out my connection.

Any suggestions would be fantastic, thank you
    Last edited by blizeH; 12-12-2009 at 04:34 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    How many connection are you using? If you using max connections that why, use less...

Or try a different client.
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I'm using three but just moved it down to 2 and the same problem

I think I'm done with Newsgroups anyway unfortunately - way too much hassle, and for example I just downloaded a 5GB HD file (took forever on my connection) and it won't extract because it's missing 7 blocks or something, very frustrating

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    brilman's Avatar Poster
    I use Astraweb with no prob. have it set to 5 connections.

did ya use quickpar to fix the blocks? http://www.quickpar.co.uk/ that works for me if needed

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Yeah I tried quickpar thanks - that's the one that said I had something like 1,582 blocks and was 7 blocks short!

Grabit has now completely lost the plot and won't stop trying to repair it (and failing) and then trying again 5 minutes later, hmm.

Back to torrents for me then unfortunately
    Last edited by blizeH; 12-12-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    brilman's Avatar Poster
    I've notice that sometime on win7 grabit gets funky and I need to exit out (saving the batch) and restarting it then its fine.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster
    You are not the only one with issues. There are several threads on other sites mentioning similar problems with astraweb. A lengthy one on NZB Matrix is a good one to read through. People are trying to blame an increase in customers but i think that is inexcusable as this will not cause incompletes on every post during download. Others say they get slow speeds. I hope for many peoples sake, history is not repeating itself for astraweb. Time will tell.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    astrweb + sab for me work perfectly and use euro server for backup in case for missing file

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Thanks guys, I'm going to be honest the slow and inconsistent speeds were bad enough but the fact I've lost 5GB of data now is pretty much the final straw for me.

It's sad but I'm going back to torrents now Will have to re-download that 5GB thing again too it seems... 12 hours later...

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    I really think you need to try another newsreader, something just doesn't seem right. I'm getting full speeds, with very few incompletes using alt.binz.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast