View Poll Results: What should happen to me?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allow me to stay

44 34.92%
  • Allow me to stay, but with disabled privs

27 21.43%
  • I'm not wanted here

55 43.65%
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Tv Controls you Banned from FST?

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post

I'm 25 years old lol
    time to grow

PS: i voted 'allowed to stay' since your "mistakes" on other forums aren't our concern.
    I totally agree (with the PS lol), thanks for your opinion on this

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    I voted for letting you stay, should be given a second chance.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I voted that you stay coz I kinda feel sorry for you about all this and like cine has already pointed out,whether you sold invites,practiced beastiality,ate worms,it clearly doesn't affect the board in anyway so long as you don't try to convert people into your practice or start doing your alleged deeds here.
    And again like they say,hate the act not the person.I have no reason to vote that you be kicked out.
    The mods have a clearer view of everyone on this board though and ultimately its their call whether you leave or stay.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I cant actually believe a Moderator forced? you to do this. Would you have been banned straight away if you hadnt complied and created this thread? Strange that another guy admits openly about cheating and everything is ok, but you get punished for something that you WERE going to do, but never followed through with it. As most have said it happened on another site so why bring it up on FST. Same as they said for the guy who admitted to cheating, which means if he is allowed to stay on here, I dont see why you shouldnt be too.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    kurdt's Avatar Death From Above
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    I cant actually believe a Moderator forced? you to do this. Would you have been banned straight away if you hadnt complied and created this thread? Strange that another guy admits openly about cheating and everything is ok, but you get punished for something that you WERE going to do, but never followed through with it. As most have said it happened on another site so why bring it up on FST. Same as they said for the guy who admitted to cheating, which means if he is allowed to stay on here, I dont see why you shouldnt be too.
    people get punished for the crime of attempt all the time. Attempt crimes are crimes where the defendant's actions have the form of the actual enaction of the crime itself: the actions must go beyond mere preparation.

if it was just intent, that'd be one thing. but he took a substantial step that went beyond mere preparation - he posted about it in an attempt to solicit a buyer.

as to it happening on the another board, how does that absolve him? as long as it's the same person doing it. Would you want a murderer living next door to you, for example, because his crimes were in another state?

I'm not saying he necessarily should be banned, it *seems* like he repented, but these reasons that people are posting 1) he didn't actually do it and 2) it was somewhere else are...well just uninformed of the theory behind crime and punishment

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I cant believe your comparing this "online drama" to real life. What has a murderer got to do with someone selling invites.? You need to re-adjust your thinking between this great WWW and RL lol. If you read the other thread about the guy that admits to openly cheating, you would realise why I said what I did. Either way Im not really bothered about what happens to these guys, I have much more important things to think about in RL. FST is just somewhere to chill for a while and read some good threads.
    Last edited by Spanky; 12-13-2009 at 02:12 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    well cheaters roam free in fst so why not invite seller too?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I went with allowing you to stay with disabled privs. At least for a while. Just my 2 cents.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    his posts do appear to be sincere and constructive..
    voted that he stays on, with DP..

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by chinchi11as View Post
    well cheaters roam free in fst so why not invite seller too?
    Just my opinion ,and this has nothing to do with whether one is "worse" than the other ,but someone being an admitted cheater has no potential of effecting anyone else at FST while a person who sells invites could very well be secretly plying his trade here.

Needlessly to say I'm less than impressed by epiphanies experienced by people after being caught.Sorry for the horrible RL analogy Spanky( clearly morality ends at the keyboard) but who here thinks that Tiger Woods would be so repentant if he hadn't been found out?

Also @cinephilia and others FST whether you wish it to be so or not does not exist in a vacuum.What happens here has consequences elsewhere.

I'd vote boot his ass( 25 is plenty old to know the difference between right and wrong) but I'd be willing to live with a disabled privileges - that way the bleeding hearts will be happy that he still has a chance for redemption (yes Spanky I know overly serious again but you really need to lighten the fuck up and realize that some people express themselves in different ways) .

Btw I think a person can get off on the wrong foot and trade because it's a crime of convenience but as pointed out already going to the trouble to create a thread in which you say that you are selling invites takes some planning and intent.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast