Thread: Canon Printer

I have a canon S900 photo printer. For the past few months the photo cyan has nopt printed. Canon swapped the print head and then the entire printer. This has still not fixed the problem. I tried a clean install incase it was a software conflict. Installed the xp driver but it still didn't work! I have tried different USB ports and a different lead but still the same problem . It is really annoying me, it is ONLY the photo cyan that doesn't print however the ink does go down!!?!"!?!!??

Does anyone have any ideas please???

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    *Grunt*
    This is a puzler it seem as if you have tried all possible methods of fixing it, might i sugest paper type or the distance the print head is from the paper.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    my epson broke, get a lexmark. they rock

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Very Large Member
    In my experience Lexmark are heavy on ink,have small cartridges and the cartridges are expensive to replace with new and harder to source as remanufactured.They seem to be the biggest culprits of the "sell the printer cheap and charge like hell for the ink" brigade
    What you want one of them for?
    Epson/Canon are the best in my opinion.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by jay973@15 October 2003 - 00:16
    "sell the printer cheap and charge like hell for the ink"
    your dam right there.

i brought a new printer frm pc world

lexmark cost £20
    they gid me a colour cartrige free, but i had 2 buy a black cartige for it 2 work

that cost me £26

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    price of the printer does not really matter 2day, cuz of the ink. hp makes more money on consumables than actual products.

best printer for ink i've found is the hp deskjet 3420. small cartridges that last me about 6 months, and it's only $20 bucks for both the color and black cartridges (they sell em 2gether). oh - and the printer only cost me $50.

when shopping fer a printer - gotta look at the cartridge price - not just the printer price.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by Tiffosi2000@13 October 2003 - 16:33
    It is really annoying me, it is ONLY the photo cyan that doesn't print however the ink does go down!!?!"!?!!??
    not entirely sure what you're saying, but have you tried another ink cartridge? you might have just run out of cyan
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    The inks have been changed, the print head has been changed, the actual printer unit has been changed! I have tried a different |USB lead and port!!!
    Still the same problem.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    *Grunt*
    An interesting fact is that, print ink is generally more expensive than vintage champagne. (off topic but i was just sayin)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    It is really annoying me, it is ONLY the photo cyan that doesn't print however the ink does go down!!?!"!?!!??
    I get that sometimes with my espom the vanishing ink must be a bucket in the printer cause it sure as hell isn't all over the shelf.

Can you change (swop) the cart' about look at the ends first to see if they look the same if they do swop the cyan with one of the others and see what happens,if it pulls this other colour through its the cartridge at fault if it doesn't nothing lost and your back where you started,sorry thats all I can think of.