Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [TL, SCC, RevTT, FTN, ScT] Best general purpose/0day tracker?

cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I've never really understood the appeal of PTM.

All the torrents download at a snails pace for me, and retention is less than ideal. Many old torrents are 1/0 seeders due to the no ratio structure of the site, and even with the robust bonus system it seems like people just desert the torrent after a couple of days. It just seems like there aren't enough users who are dedicated to the site.
    close PTM for a whole year and i'm pretty sure members will start to care more and more as the site is "gaining value"... sad but true.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    kurdt's Avatar Death From Above
    PTM is great after you push or buy 50gb up. it then becomes truly ratio free. if you download 50gb b4 uploading 50gb, however, you get demoted

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post
    PTM is great after you push or buy 50gb up. it then becomes truly ratio free. if you download 50gb b4 uploading 50gb, however, you get demoted
    really? weird... i've always thought they were a true ratioless tracker.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    kurdt's Avatar Death From Above
    at least that was the rule back when i joined, maybe it's been changed

edit: no it's still the same. you become a probie, which i think you could stay as and leech 1 torrent at a time, and also i think they are stricter on you (i.e. can't get any warnings)

"Probie: Demotion to this class happens when a User downloads more than 50GB before uploading 50GB first. Users must make the promotion requirements for Mover to get out of Probie status."
    Last edited by kurdt; 12-17-2009 at 04:01 AM. Reason: got curious and looked up the rule

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    snagit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    For me, it would be TL, IPT & SCC.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    For Me TL Is The Best Tracker

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post
    Still doesn't change what I said about the tracker .

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I've never really understood the appeal of PTM.

All the torrents download at a snails pace for me, and retention is less than ideal. Many old torrents are 1/0 seeders due to the no ratio structure of the site, and even with the robust bonus system it seems like people just desert the torrent after a couple of days. It just seems like there aren't enough users who are dedicated to the site.
    There are fewer seedboxes, but the speeds are generally decent. On a new torrent, I'll usually get around 1-2MB/s, but if that uploader has just posted several other torrents, it might be 500kB/s. Yet my upload is usually at 3-4.5MB/s for the first few hours of downloading/seeding, so I'm sure most of the faster lines are maxing out. I tend to get lower download speeds because most of the OVH boxes are doing their internal thing at first. Since I rarely watch a movie within a month of downloading, it hardly matters. If download speed is all that is important, just wait for it to pop up on usenet, which I've done at times.

I don't know how old you're going back or in what categories, but I think in terms of HD content, which is all I browse, the site has very respectable retention. For example, I saw the oldest release of The Hurt Locker still has 40 seeds from 11 months ago. The activity on HD content is far above average for most sites and I think that might make it a better site for HD folks than it is for xvid users.
    Last edited by TrollinThunder; 12-17-2009 at 02:21 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Rogi's Avatar Full time pirate BT Rep: +1
    Im on both TL, revtt and ipt. Id say TL is the best of the 3.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    I would say that TL is a good all-round tracker for the average user.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast