Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The future of torrenting is looking grim

Hi
    "Piracy" in the way that we know it will end in the next 2 3 years. yes. The thing is that we can never be stoped though. We are always one jump ahead. We are billions of intelligent minds connected only loosely and we can find another answer far faster than our oppressors can make laws to stop them. Whenever the Government tools of the industry find a way to shut down one system we find a newer, better, faster one. The sad part is that if the Industry changed its tactics and sold high quality high speed downloads online cheap I would be right there buying them and would probably reduce my downloading. As it stands I will not buy anything from the movie and music industry because of its behavior.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    goopka's Avatar Poster
    I can see only two ends to pirating:

1) The industries stop making distributable copies. (I.E. music becomes live shows only, movies stay in theaters where only video camera's can capture them, and TV dies out, essentially ending all home entertainment and making it a "going out" social experience)
    2) Production costs exceed income because of pirating and thus the creation and/or recording of music/movies/shows cease.

But really, as long as media stays intangible (digital) then I think it can't be stopped.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    BT is never going to end. Anti-piracy corporations will shut down before BT does. Trust me.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    hmm i tend to disagree look at china state they have blocked 500+ BT sites and now the chinese are turning to pirated DVD's because it is next to impossible to download...but then there is usenet and DD... Plus the UK is starting a digital bill soon that will police ISP's or ISP will police us..
    Last edited by theguru; 12-18-2009 at 05:10 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    xuxoxux's Avatar Reader BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    hmm i tend to disagree look at china state they have blocked 500+ BT sites and now the chinese are turning to pirated DVD's because it is next to impossible to download...but then there is usenet and DD... Plus the UK is starting a digital bill soon that will police ISP's or ISP will police us..
    China can try with all its might, but it too will not bring down torrent users. And if, and this is a big ass if, it does, then file sharing will just go down a different path. People will continue to share, though the medium might change.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickerey View Post
    BT is never going to end. Anti-piracy corporations will shut down before BT does. Trust me.
    Ok. I won't worry about BT dying out anymore since you say it won't...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    captive's Avatar speaks.his.mind
    torrent days are numbered imo. however much some want it to keep going the big studios have all the money behind them, and in the end it will tell. they will put pressure on US government and they in turn will pressure other countries to fall in line. maybe a few years but the end is deffo comming.

as for scene groups im not so sure how long many of them will find homes, companies they are getting more and more warey of letting sites on their servers, even bandwidth cant be routed for some sites to use.

imo good riddance to it.

long live NG.
    ///dont.let.the.bastards.get.you.down\\\

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12