Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FBI Finally Arrests Alleged ''Wolverine'' Uploader

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    FBI Finally Arrests Alleged ''Wolverine'' Uploader
    By Kevin Parrish, published on December 16, 2009

" the FBI arrested the alleged X-Men Origins: Wolverine uploader.

The FBI finally nabbed the (alleged) guy who uploaded "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" to the Internet last spring. CNET reports that federal agents arrested 47-year-old Giberto Sanchez in Bronx, New York "without incident." If he's found guilty, Sanchez will face a $250,000 fine and up to three years in prison, or twice the gross gain or gross loss attributable to the offense, depending which is greater.

Although the new Wolverine flick did just fine in the summer box office, the release of the unpolished version caused quite a bit of damage. And despite missing computer-generated graphics and stunt cables were still visible, the unauthorized, pirated movie was seen 4.1 million times before the polished version hit theaters. The leaked movie wasn't exactly hard to come by: Sanchez uploaded the pre-release flick onto Magaupload, a publicly-available storage site.

"On or about March 31, 2009, in Los Angeles County, within the Central District of California, and elsewhere, defendant GILBERTO SANCHEZ, also known as ("aka") "theSkilled1," aka "SkillfulGil," aka "Skillz101," and aka "SkillyGilly," did willfully infringe the copyright of a copyrighted work by the distribution of a work being prepared for commercial distribution, by making the motion picture "X-Men Origins:Wolverine" available on www.Megaupload.com, a computer network accessible to members of the public, when he knew and should have known that the work was intended for commercial distribution," reads the indictment.

Currently it's unknown how Sanchez received the unauthorized movie. Laura Eimiller, a representative for the FBI, said that more arrests are on the way, however she would not provide details on the source of the original leak, or the additional suspects. "

Source: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/X-Men-Or...news-5365.html

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    turin's Avatar Turambar BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    I was a good movie :-)

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    brilman's Avatar Poster
    I liked it
    Last edited by brilman; 12-17-2009 at 01:01 AM.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    So megaupload snitches their uploaders IPs ?

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    Crazy. Megaupload sucks now. I knew that RS was always better.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I wouldn't trust them either, but...

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    What's better? MediaFire?

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickerey View Post
    What's better? MediaFire?
    NotUploading ?

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    I dont even understand why people use service like rapidshare etc... If u like to use it free, it is sooo slow, if u pay what is point to download
    I think p2p should be free. (offcourse there is server bills and like that but for normal user)

Anyway, if I like to pay then I take astraweb and leech 100Mbit whole month with 10 bucks

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Can't wait to hear how much "damage" it cost the movie industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast