Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blaster Ii About To Hit!

Blaster II about to hit!

Sample code to exploit the problem described in security bulletin MS03-039 has been published on the net. That means a "Blaster II" worm is on the way. The patch for the original Blaster does NOT provide protection. If you haven't applied the subject patch, do it now!

If you want to make sure your patched or check your firewall to make sure you are patched visit http://www.grc.com and run the Shields Up test.

And as always, make sure firewalls are blocking outside ports 135-139 and 445.

**Thanks to the folks in the Windows XP News Group for the alert on this one.

Download the patch from HERE

SOURCE

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by sharedholder@13 October 2003 - 18:43
    The patch for the original Blaster does NOT provide protection. If you haven't applied the subject patch, do it now!
    this statement is confusing - please clarify

also, ay caramba! where's that Microsoft rant thread...
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    ive had the updated patch for a few weeks now, i go to bink.nu! so im prepared for MS stuff early!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+13 October 2003 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 13 October 2003 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@13 October 2003 - 18:43
    The patch for the original Blaster does NOT provide protection. If you haven&#39;t applied the subject patch, do it now&#33;

also, ay caramba&#33; where&#39;s that Microsoft rant thread... [/b][/quote]
    The patch for the original Blaster does NOT provide protection
    Is talking about the first Blaster.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+13 October 2003 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate &#064; 13 October 2003 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@13 October 2003 - 18:43
    The patch for the original Blaster does NOT provide protection. If you haven&#39;t applied the subject patch, do it now&#33;

also, ay caramba&#33; where&#39;s that Microsoft rant thread... [/b][/quote]
    makes perfect sense to me.

it means simply, that the orignal patch doesnt provide protection, so the new patch must be applied&#33;

Dam you sharedholder posting while i was typing&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Dam you sharedholder posting while i was typing&#33;&nbsp;
    BTW,what&#39;s hapenend with the new startpage

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    about the new startpage, my sister seriously screwed up me pc&#33; ended up usin killdisk and messed up all my partitions, its sorted now lukily&#33; had quite a bit of homework today, got the last bits to finish off, so probaly tomorrow now, i just need some final links.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    me loves my router it protects me from all this crap

/me is upto date with security patches as well just in case

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    im behind a rounter so i guess im safe.

im also on windows ME, which was not affected by the blaster and this new worm, im gonna be getting xp on my new computer that should be comming in about 2 weeks

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    If you have Sygate Firewall:

Go here. How to protect against the Microsoft RPC vulnerability

btw, I have to slip this funny one from MS usual security bulletins:
    Summary
    ................Who should read this bulletin: Users running Microsoft ® Windows ®

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast