Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sct VS uk-t VS ftwr

Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Which site had the greater emotional effect on you when it went down? In other words which site do you miss the most?

I for one miss the crap out of Sct. I don't think there will be another site that will come close to it for months or even maybe years to come.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 12-18-2009 at 07:40 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Which site had yhr biggest emotional effect on you when it went down? In other words which site do you miss the most?

I for one miss the crap out of Sct. I don't think there will be another site that will come close to it for months or even maybe years to come.
    When demonoid went down, definitely. But its back up now!

Out of you list though, sct will be missed greatly.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 12-18-2009 at 07:23 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Since I've never been at the other two, I guess ScT.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Nice to see you back in action Albo. I agree with you on the sadness felt through the demise of sct. Hopefully nothing else tragic will happen anytime soon.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    I wasn't on any of those trackers, however, was looking to try getting onto ScT through a friend when he got an invite... so I was a little disappointed to hear of it going down before I actually managed to join

I know UK-T went down before ScT and at that time it wasn't a tracker I had ever considered or wanted to join (although whether I'd wanted to or not it would never have happened ), but I could still empathise with the members from there when it went.

It's never good when any site goes down, they each mean different things to their members and can sometimes be hard to replace...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I see is Artemis viewing this thread...Great to see you back Artemis
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 12-18-2009 at 07:41 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    ScT was DA shit. I sorely miss it, but hey, that's life. I've started using SCC more often, as prior to ScT's demise, it was nearly impossible to seed there, unless you had to download stuff you didn't really need, just cuz it was freeleech. I honestly don't like to do that, but if it's needed, than it shall be.
    With the massive migration of ScT users to Scc, torrents have way more peers, thus making it easier to seed.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i really loved ScT.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    ScT was DA shit. I sorely miss it, but hey, that's life. I've started using SCC more often, as prior to ScT's demise, it was nearly impossible to seed there, unless you had to download stuff you didn't really need, just cuz it was freeleech. I honestly don't like to do that, but if it's needed, than it shall be.
    With the massive migration of ScT users to Scc, torrents have way more peers, thus making it easier to seed.
    I heard that most Sct users ended up in Scc.

Do you have any hope Scc will be as good as Sct was in these upcoming months?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Never used ScT that much (except for TV packs that is), tbh. I wasn't at UK-T long enough to really miss it that much, but it did have a great community aspect to it and some unique uploads.

I've talked to a few former FTWRers and they say that they'll really miss it, but they have found new homes ,so I'd think it's all good.

PS: "Collectors" like me (as in those of us who hang onto accounts, "just in case" and don't use them nearly enough from most people's POV) are better off here, obviously. But that doesn't mean I'm happy.

PPS: I don't really think of myself as a collector. Or do I?
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast